Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Got the little sh*t since wednesday 27.02.13. Came 2007 from germany to oz. Drove a hilux. Got a little homesick by now, so i bought the up!

I really love it!

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's excellent, It's good to see the Ups in Oz. What version have you gone for?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I too like that they are getting about now. They are such a fun little car, and at a great price too!
We're slowly taking over the world :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
VW Australia don't do funky model naming - so I have no idea what to call my up! 5 door. I've got a white one with almost all the options (no sunroof) and Ypsilon (16") wheels. My wife mandated seat heaters so that kind of set the tone of the options. I've had it since Jan 17 and have only seen two others on the road so far (one Grey, the other Black).

My up! is used for the daily commute from Woodend to East Melbourne - mostly at ~110 Kmph - and I get about 4.6 Ltr/100 Km going in and about 5.8 Ltr/100 Km going home (it's uphill).

So far I love my little car (my other is a Pajero Diesel) but I think I'll want the up! GTI when it comes out as I miss the effortless torque of my Pajero.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm after picking up one on Wednesday. I'm Irish and Like yourself, I had an Australia friendly Holden Commodore but a combination of an Auto gearbox and massive fuel costs got be back in the sort of little hatch I'm more used to. Paid 12990 drive away for an ex-demo. So far, I love it! So if you see a blue/white one joining around the north east of Melbourne, that's me!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I spot one, I will give u a nice bright highbeam. :)
Drove around a bit today. Went up! To lake mountain, down through marysville. Way back over the black spur, through healsville. I said to my wife lets go home over olinda
maybe wi'll spot the other guy and his up! But not one up! The whole day.
At the moment we're still something special here in oz.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've seen a silver one driving around Montmorency/ Eltham where I live and saw a red one parked on Bridge Rd, Richmond the other day. Apparently, it's been selling as well as the Suzuki Alto, it's main small car "rival" so they should be a reasonably common sight before long. I drive mine down to Mornington on the new freeway last night for no reason. Was brilliant on the freeway!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@allybasher,
Sorry mate a bit late but here comes the answer. I got an OZ UP! Nacked in red. Here is only the 75hp manual available. You got only the choice to get package deals what combines stuff you really don't need over here. Like heated seats, and only the ugly alloys. Maps and go is in our region also a no go. You get only lost with these gadgets. I will update my wheels one day to some dotz mugello in 6.5x15 with some 205/50 r15 on it. Due to a lot of dirt roads I need some rubber between the road and rims.
See ya mate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a question. Has anyone find that the up, mine anyway, bottoms out in front suspension. Ever on highway roads such as new patchwork. Maybe tyre pressure. open to any guidance.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nope. They are set up fine, and suspension is fairly firm. I reckon you may have knackered springs or shocks. UK roads are often pretty bad, surface-wise, and I've never bottomed.

GTi's and GreenTech Citigos etc etc models ride lower than other models, and they are fine too.

Are you talking about the body or overhangs striking the ground, or just the suspension hitting the bump-stops?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I suspect the shocks may be a little tired, cars travelled 113000k.
Suspension hitting bump stops. Also running on 15inch tyres low profile, on the car when purchased. Still trying to locate a service and owners handbook.

·
Registered
396 Posts
15" (or 16"/17") LP tyres makes no difference to bottoming, assuming pressures are about right - in fact, given that lower profiles are usually less compliant, it makes it even harder to bottom compared with squishy 14" tyres....

I reckon you are right about shocks (or springs).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts