Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Another Norwegian e-up here. I bought the e-up on the 13. of May this year. So far it have been 11.000 km of pure joy. I use it for every day driving, to and from work, driving my son to football etc. It's really a great car.

Cheers
Terje

My e-up! with friends

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hello Terje,

Greetings to Norway from Germany!

A VERY rare up! !
There'll surely be some questions.

11.000 km with an e-up! in 3 month?!
How much km can you make and how low does it need to fill the batteries afterwards?

Do you have a bike your own? Your Avatar is too small.
The two bikes beneath your e-up look like British Cafe Racers???
I have a Kawasaki Estrella (which looks like an NSU Max or English 250ccm bikes of the 1950s).

Best regards
Andreas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Andreas

Just read your email to Terje you mentioned one of the bikes you have is an NSU it reminded me of my first bike on my 16th birthday, that was an NSU Quickly cost £84 ( it was the de-luxe version ). That was November 1958 a really long time ago now

Bye

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Windmill,

Have no NSU Max (although my Kawasaki Estrella sounds the same and looks 90% the same).
Yes, the Quickly was a wanted bike in Germany! It was the dream of many younf men to get motorized. The up! of the late 50s - as an "Isetta", "Messerschmidt Kabinenroller" or VW KÃfer (Beetle) were totally out of reach.

Wonder what bikes are on the photo. The motor looks a bit like Triumph ...
Something like Norton? Or something totally different?

By the way ...
Not only the up! has three cylinders.
The "new" Triumph motorbikes have also been known for their 998ccm 3 cylinder (like Speed Triple or Thunderbird) ...

·
Registered
191 Posts
in my city ,the city well fair center bought 66 e-up this year with delevery until 2017, they get some each year til they reach 66.ps. i live in aarhus denmark
regards
RIX

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you.

The e-up! isn't really that rare in Norway, at least not in the central parts (around Oslo) where I live. I've managed to get 150 km on one full battery but when winter comes I expect the range to drop as much as 50% when the temperatures sink as low as -20 °C

I normally charge at work and then I'd drive the 60 km back home and do some charging there before I do some driving during the evening. I charge at night and enter a pre-heated car at 5 in the morning before driving the 60 km back to work. From all empty to 100% full it take approximately 10 hours on a 10A fuse. After driving 60 km to work now when it's summer, it's fully charged after 3,5 hours.

The e-up! is a fun drive, quick and quiet. Top speed is 135 km/h

I have to motorcycles, non of them in the photo. In the photo is one Triumph Bonneville and one Triumph Thruxton, two friends visiting. I have two Triumph Bonneville, one 2001 model that I've been all the way to Dakar with on a solo trip back in 2007, and another trip with friends to the Sahara in 2009, I also have one 2004 Bonneville with Turbo, big-bore kit and fuel injection. Previously I had a 1969 BSA Rocket 3

Our Sahara movie:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSKQu-brcI8

I like the Estrella, they look good, I wouldn't mind having one of them :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RIX said:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1454263331467023/

it´s in danish but you should understand it , after all most danes, forstÃ¥r dit sprok he he

Mange takk. I wasn't aware of that, I joined that now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts