Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I have been reading every review and watching every video i can about the Up! I have also been coming on here a lot to read all the interesting topics some of them have been very informative.

So i too have ordered an Up! iI have done mine through Drive The Deal and is currently at the factory stage on the VW website. Although the dealer told me mid August or September if i want to wait for new reg,i will decide on this when it arrives at the dealers.

I have gone for the 3 Door High Up!. Tungsten Silver. Panoramic Sunroof. Sensor Pack (for the cruise). Classic Alloys.

Since coming on here i have learnt a great deal so i shall be changing the Indicator bulbs and probably the daytime running lights while i am at it. I may change the headlight bulbs too. I shall also get the sill protectors and lux mats and boot protector and the rear bumper film VW do.

Has anyone got the clear rear bumper protector as i was interested to know if it is worth it.Over 3 years my Golf Bumper got a lot of scratches on it.

Also i have read about ALA Gap Insurance on here which i shall also get.

Possibly a nice air freshener or possibly not as i might not want to taint the new car smell. For luxury car freshener go to http://www.truegrace.co.uk/shop/shop_by_product/scented_leaves

Might get some steal wheels with winter tyres too; another thing learnt from you guys.I am a little worried those classic alloys may suffer in the long run and the winter salt wont help them either.

Just for anyones information i am the wrong side of 40 leaving behind a Golf GTI for a life of (fingers crossed) reliable cheap and fun motoring although it will mainly be used for my 30 mile round trip too work.

Golf was nice but not cheap and that initial fun of speed soon looses its shine when your getting 33mpg every day getting to work.

Thanks again too you all. I have learnt a lot more here than just going to VW.co.uk

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a 3 door tungsten silver high up with sensor too. I arrived at this combo from owning a move up and realising what i wished i had. I love the colour. It's crucially just silver enough. The DS3 is just too grey. It's a fine line those colour technicians have to find.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi uprichie,

What is the "bumper protector"? (I'm German ...)
Is it the "spripe" at the end of the back/rear door?

I ordered this "chromed" protector. Indeed it is transparent/clear plastic and the chrome is at the bottom (where it is glued on). I also have the chrome pack and the stripes on the side and the back look very good (zo me). See my "Black Beauty" thread. There are also photos where you can see the protector. It would pay the 53‚¬ again ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts