Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Only just seen this section of the forum, I have a 2019 up gti with beats stereo, I am no boy racer but anytime I have the stereo even slightly louder I get an anoying vibration in the door card on front passenger door, baring in mind my base is at -2 this cant be normal right? I took it to vw and they were useless, they took the door card off and said there was no issues, I replied with probably because I think the issue is the door card....duh! Thought it would be worth asking the question see if anyone else has had the same issue and any resolutions that have been found.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not familiar with the details of either the Beats system or the GTI door cards, but the VW website says its the woofers in the front doors. These typically produce sound between 20Hz and 2kHz (which we hear as bass notes). A quick google round car sites suggests that problems occur around 150-300Hz, with typical reasons being a loose card (as you're suspecting), the speaker being slightly loose/misaligned in its mounting or a lack of mass in the door (you'd hope the designers thought of this one, though). A few sites with suggestions (although North American, so materials/brands may differ):

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts