Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Was a huge fan from the mid 90s but I don't get excited these days by it. Now sports cars... That a different kettle of fish :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I follow it, it can be boring these days but hoping that the big car changes next season will mix things up a bit, Red Bull may loose their advantage... at least for a little while!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I love F1.As Andy T9 says, next year should be interesting with all the car spec changes.Trying to under stand the politics and tactics makes a big difference to my enjoyment of a mundane race.

I'm going to see the film " Rush " on Friday....getting good reviews,and
Korea this weekend.....That's my F1 fix sorted.

Go well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really enjoyed the film Rush
I love F1 it is interesting if you know some history and politics of the drivers and their teams, have been following it avidly for the past 4 seasons and already am dreading December with no F1 to amuse us of a weekend

Hopefully the changes next year will shake it all up, my heart will truly sink if Vettel wins the first race next March

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was convinced yesterday that Vettel would do no better than third place
he never has any bad luck! touches with Hamilton and he gets a flat and has to retire, minor performance loss to Vettel's car and in the end it plays to his advantage as they use a different strategy to win the race. And i'm sure they build Webber's car with all the reject parts or used bits from Vettel's car, his reliability is usually pretty terrible!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Gary Player the old golf pro used to say that the more he practiced, the luckier he became. Same for all sportsmen i guess!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I love to iron my shirts during F1 race ...

If there's something really exciting, there is a review and I can stop ironing for a while ...
Did this too, when Senna died in Imola ...

We have the advantage that Nicki Lauda has been analysing the race on TV for decades.
He is a real expert, hates "small talk" and has a lot of (hidden) humor!

The co-reporters during the race is Christian Danner - a real motor sports expert too.

I am no Vettel fan. Prefer Rosberg (as a nice and honest guy).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts