Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if there are any Up! owners on the forum who bought one of the original Ups! and who still have them. Our Up! Black is from 01.09.12 and has now done 52k miles, everywhere from the middle of France to the West Coast of Scotland.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting stuff, are you planning to keep the car for the long term? It would be interesting to know of any common issues that start to arise as these cars age and the mileage starts to rack up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Our August 12 High Up (30000 miles) has just been replaced with a new Gti.

Reactions: gordoac

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting stuff, are you planning to keep the car for the long term? It would be interesting to know of any common issues that start to arise as these cars age and the mileage starts to rack up.
It started off as our main car, then became my wife's daily driver when a dog was added to the family. The only major problem was a leaking sunroof, which had to be replaced at considerable cost. Minor problems have only been the exhaust shield, which had to be replaced, and the clicking clutch pedal, that we have not bothered doing anything about. I have a set of winter wheels and tyres that I shall fit in the next few days and before refitting the summer ones, I shall probably have all the tyres replaced (Fronts for the second time, rears for the first) At its next service in February, the disc pads will need replacing and maybe the track rod ends. As you can see, it's treated fairly gently and we'll most likely hang on to it for a long while yet.

Reactions: VWXYZ and TomRZZ

·
Registered
89 Posts
Still have my Mii purchased in April 2013. Now on 52,000 miles.

Only thing to go wrong is a failed pax airbag switch a few years ago. Still on original rear tyres, front ones replaced once. Will prob get them all changed this year.

Had new cam belt fitted at 5 years, and front discs/pads last year.

I’ve hardly used the car since March apart from weekly runs to keep the battery and tyres in good condition. I did take it to WBAC but decided to keep it when they revised their offer from £3100 to £2700 due to scuffed alloys.

The little car does all I want, costs v little and is fun to drive so I have decided to “run it into the ground”. Next big bill is another cam belt in a couple of years.

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
I've still got my 2012 High Up I bought in 2013, has around 75k on the clock now and still going strong. It will be my son's first car when he's allowed to take his driving test!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Has anyone found any rust yet? Our Arosa started rusting along the front edge of the bonnet so I blasted it from inside with lithium grease, not got any worse since, I did Upsie at the same time 😎
64 reg move up had it over 6 years now and no problems at all, 30+ thousand on the clock. Road tax just £20 a year so keeping it forever, new cars are over a hundred a year I believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts