Up Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Having worked in the Automotive Industry for nearly 40 years I've been lucky enough to drive a huge number of cars, from an Isetta to an Audi R8. I've just bought a Move Up! after running an 08 plate Fiesta for 4 years. I like the Up! very much, but it's frustrating that a mundane car like the Fiesta had the following, which the Up! lacks:

Heated front screen
Powered, single switch door mirrors
Folding door mirrors
Switches for both front windows on driver's side

However, I have now got heated seats - a wonderful luxury for someone my age whose first car was a 1955 small oval Beetle - you gassed yourself and received virtually no warmer air when you slid the appropriate levers on those!

·
Registered
63 Posts
davidbuckden said:
Having worked in the Automotive Industry for nearly 40 years I've been lucky enough to drive a huge number of cars, from an Isetta to an Audi R8. I've just bought a Move Up! after running an 08 plate Fiesta for 4 years. I like the Up! very much, but it's frustrating that a mundane car like the Fiesta had the following, which the Up! lacks:

Heated front screen
Powered, single switch door mirrors
Folding door mirrors
Switches for both front windows on driver's side

However, I have now got heated seats - a wonderful luxury for someone my age whose first car was a 1955 small oval Beetle - you gassed yourself and received virtually no warmer air when you slid the appropriate levers on those!
Those features would be nice to have, but the Up! is built to a budget far below that of the Fiesta and this is reflected in the huge difference in their retail prices.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Heated windscreen is a ford patent which prevents other manufacturers from having them. I'm sure you will find there is plenty that you like about the Up! which will compensate for your loss. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
180 Posts
davidbuckden said:
TurboTomato said:
What do you mean by 'powered single switch door mirrors'? That is exactly what I have?
I'm pleased for you. But I do have the right badge on mine! (only a jest)

I thought the implication was that the things you listed were items you couldn't actually get on the Up!. You sound like you have a bit of an odd spec if you have heated seats but no heated/power mirrors?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dear TT - good deductive work. Yes, I've got a standard Move, which I wanted with Winter Pack, but couldn't source within my buying timescale. I therefore had the seats done prior to delivery - my Dealer subcontracted this to D K Schweizer. It appears to be a very good job too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been down sizing gradualy over the past 5 years,ford Kuga then BMW 5 series then Mini countryman followed by two Vauxhall Corsa's .Still got a ford 03 fiesta as second car that we had from new.Hate to think how much we have lost on buying new.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm downsizing from a Ford fiesta. And although people view that as a 'small' car I have never found the current gen fiesta to feel anything like 'small'! And although I've never had a problem with it in any way, the up will be more my kind of car. Love small cars! The up reminds me of an old fiat seicento I had for ages which had similar power, size and was loads of fun. I'll take the fun of that with the toys and refinement of the Up!Edited by: upmancotswolds

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
fiesta is a real winner for ford....I am thinking get an UP GT announced before I have to look to a fiesta zetecS or ST :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Coming down from an Audi A3 Sportback - I miss some of the luxury and a little power but I don't regret the switch as its pretty much a commuting vehicle and at £150 a month for the car and fuel its £100 a month cheaper than the train!

I'm putting that saving towards a 'toy' for the weekend.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Privatedoc said:
fiesta is a real winner for ford....I am thinking get an UP GT announced before I have to look to a fiesta zetecS or ST :)

Yep, it is a great car for what it is - I have a 1.0 ecoboost Titanium at moment. ST is fine if you don't mind a rock hard ride and 30ish mpg on a mixed route. Not really in the same demographic as the up though, or even an up GT!

If I had family, did more mway driving or lugging large items about I may have kept it. But can't beat the Up for an urban city car imo, really looking forward to my downsize.

Edited by: upmancotswolds

·
Registered
1 Posts
Downsized from a Passat diesel estate had four previously, yes it is smaller, but much cheaper to run and it does me for short journeys. Does anyone recommend a handsfree system as i dont have the Maps system?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Privatedoc said:

My next car following this would almost certainly be a Fiesta Zetec-S if I have my logic cap on. Cheap to run with excellent power, more BHP and just a little less torque than my old Alfa! Out of a 1ltr engine!

It's amazing how engines have evolved the past couple of decades.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

21 - 40 of 50 Posts