Up Owners Club banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I UPsized from a Smart, but over the years i have had big and small cars.

Big Jag XJ6s to small Fiats to 2 seater sport cars to a wacky Citroen GS.

These days with the cost of petrol and the traffic clogged roads, the size and power of an UP GTI or a Mini Cooper are perfect for me.
Loved the GS, bro had one and it was like a spaceship compared to the grey porridge that was around at the time

·
Registered
626 Posts
Loved the GS, bro had one and it was like a spaceship compared to the grey porridge that was around at the time

Yes it was. Mine was the Pallas, even more wacky as it had the auto box. It was a 3 speed plus reverse that looked like a manual gear lever but only two pedals, no clutch pedal. You could change gear as a manual or put it in 3 (Top) and the car would drive in that gear all day admittedly rather leisurely, but with no complaint as it had a torque convertor.

The suspension that made the car rise and fall when starting and stopping the engine and the comfy seats were like armchairs. Also the spare wheel under the bonnet and the air cooled engine. It was an excellent car.

·
Registered
2013 Vw Up Black edition
77 Posts
The only real downside to owning an Up, is that its not as powerful or fast as mainstream family cars.

Its a Citycar, but if your prepared to do very long journey's in it, it will easily cruise at the safe legal limit on the motorway, and eat up the miles if asked to do so,

The Vw Up can achieve anything its asked to do, but you have to drive within the cars capabilities, and realise a longer journey may take longer in a small car, than a larger one.

The furthest ive driven in a car of similar size to the Up, was in my mothers Vw Lupo.
I drove close on 480 miles on a round trip, in one long day, the car managed it with ease, and did it on less than a full tank of fuel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I down sized from a gen4 Toyota Prius Excel hybrid to a CitiGo
The wife from a TOYOTA Auris hybrid to a CitiGo
We both loved the mpg of the hybrids,, especially the Prius. Best mpg was 96mpg over a 50 mile one way journey.
Size wise we are very pleased with our two CitiGo’s. More than adequate for us and fun to drive.
We are both in our 70’s, covid has reduced our mileage and I don’t think it will increase.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts