Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has fitted the Eibach springs to their Gti, as I'm interested to find out how much stiffer it makes the car. I would like to lower my one but want them to affect the ride as little as possible.

Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
110 Posts
Alz said:
Just wondering if anyone has fitted the Eibach springs to there Gti, as I'm interested to find out how much stiffer it makes the car. I would like to lower my one but want them to affect the ride as little as possible.

will let you know when mine arrive

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silky16v said:
Alz said:
Just wondering if anyone has fitted the Eibach springs to there Gti, as I€„¢m interested to find out how much stiffer it makes the car. I would like to lower my one but want them to affect the ride as little as possible.

Is it just springs you have purchased ? I was thinking about the spacers as well. Where did you purchase them from.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Alz said:
silky16v said:
Alz said:
Just wondering if anyone has fitted the Eibach springs to there Gti, as I€„¢m interested to find out how much stiffer it makes the car. I would like to lower my one but want them to affect the ride as little as possible.

Is it just springs you have purchased ? I was thinking about the spacers as well. Where did you purchase them from.

just springs the Eibach spacers are a rip off tbh

got my mine from eBayhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Springs-E10-85-040-01-22-VW-Up-Seat-Mii-Skoda-Citigo/281868747043

i emailed Eibach UK and confirmed these are the correct springs for the GTi as a normal UP using P/N:E10-85-040-01-22

·
Registered
8 Posts
Eibach sport springs fitted.

Hi,

I've had them fitted to my car [so they provide ~ 15mm drop c.f. the standard GTI springs]. One of the most surprising things for me was that the ride seems more supple [definitely no firmer]. Looks more purposeful as well :)

Attachments

·
Banned
645 Posts
I have fitted Eibach springs in the past, but always with a change of the shock absorbers as well.
I am sure most of us know, that our cars standard shocks were never designed to work with shorter lowering sports springs, so its always advisable to change the entire shocks and springs.
Changing just the springs, MAY destroy the cars ride, from comfort to discomfort.

I know its extra expense, but its always advisable to change the whole suspension components.
You do not have to do it, but doing a suspension change on the cheap, does not always work.

·
Registered
461 Posts
A great way to ruin your cars handling is fit new springs that don’t match the dampers, so hopefully the lowering eibach springs are a perfect match for your dampers.

·
Banned
645 Posts
You might be lucky, and find a good setup, and get away without the need for the extra expense of higher quality matched shocks, but unless you can do all the suspension fitting work yourself, it might worth just investing in some Bilstein B12s or similar.quality shocks.

We all need to save the pennies, and I needed to save for a few weeks before I could afford the full Coilover set for my previous car.

Fitting lowering springs that were never designed to compliment the standard shocks, is always a gamble, it might pay off, and you may even grin and bare the possible poor ride, but it may be just worth postponing the upgrade, until you have the full compliment parts, that you know will work in harmony together.

Which ever way you go, it's worth doing the upgrade properly, and enjoying the improved ride and look of a lowered suspension.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How much would it be approximately for Bilstein B12s to be fitted? I like the idea of new shocks but hi g never modded any vehicle in the past I have no idea where to begin. Any useful links about please???

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have MSS springs on my Up. The ride is better than standard as they remove the bounce at the rear. They’re two part springs which MSS source from Eibach. I have them fitted to my Golf Clubsport S too and that car is used on track from time to time. They are far superior to normal lowering springs as they improve ride quality along with body control. The system was first developed for Audi TTs and gets rave reviews both here and in the US. Some track testing was done which showed a TT fitted with MSS springs and standard dampers lapping quicker than when fitted with big brand coil overs. Well worth looking up MSS on the web.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very interesting can you tell me how much they were and any link to purchase would be greatly appreciated 👍

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's strange because literally 5 minutes before your post I emailed MSS thinking they could be the perfect solution but no sign of anything other than golf applications when I looked online. They look really good quality and I've seen many rave reviews on lots of different forums

·
Registered
229 Posts
Now I'm really confused just received a email back saying no solution for the Up and the market is not there for it 😳

1 - 18 of 18 Posts