Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our up 1 week now, and two weeks after it arrived in the dealership. I've just had a phone call from the dealership. They've asked me to come into the dealership as they have something for me by way of an apology for the delay in delivering my car caused by Maps & More not arriving for a week after the car arrived.
Let's see what it is tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
oooo, very exciting, maybe one of the boxes? or some mats? because if it was just a verbal thing they can do that on the phone!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you been in yet?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well got a nice surprise. I was given a small wicker hamper with bottle of wine, glasses, chocolates, posh crisps in. (I believe this should have been passed to me when I collected the car.)
Then the salesman said that having spoken with VW UK they would like to offer me £200 worth of UP accessories of my choice.
I'm quite pleased really. I hadn't made any formal complaint to the dealership about the delay. I had told them that the delay had taken the shine off what was for us our first ever brand new car.
On the whole I'm now a much more satisfied customer. Good customer service from my dealer JCT600 in Hull.
Now to decide what accessories to buy. Got my eye on some sunblinds when I get better idea of what they look like and work. Anyone got them or seen them?

·
Registered
421 Posts
OMG well done, what a result!
Restores your faith in human nature doesn't it

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oooo do we all get a hamper then ? Lol wishfull thinking , my UP! Is going to be my very first brand new car too. Ive only ever driven a fiat sciento before.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well done this is a result! I am currently awaiting to hear back from VW UK after rubbish service from my dealer since my sales lady went on holiday. I seem to have been handed to the most useless man known to the sales world! We shall see what I get out of it!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
nice one! not only the hamper which i think sounds lovely! but the £200 of acessories too... cha ching!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
A great result - I hope though that your interaction with the dealership was the exception rather than the rule. My purchase of an Up was my first time in a VW dealership. I found the staff courteous and helpfulwith a good knowledge ofVW products. I was of course relieved of my cash in the nicest possible way! Oops, I sounded a bit like Kenney Everett there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's great, hope you enjoy your wicker basket of goodies, but enjoy you free accessories more.Sorry to say though only seen the blinds in the brochure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi we have now had our Black High Up for four weeks and still have not received our Maps & More. getting very fed up phoning and emailingalso contacted VW customer service, they did not seam bothered

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
wow, thats rather large font.....

seems a few people have been waiting a long time. just be persistant, and make sure they know youre not happy and maybe youll get some sort of compensation too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's really nice from them that you got a hamper! This is such a practical present, because it's useful and every body likes it. At least there's something in it for every body! Last year I used a christmas hamper delivery for this occasion to say thank you to my family members :) btw. I think I should complain more often to get some free goodies too ;)

·
Registered
655 Posts
A tip to all of you...if you post a tweet on twitter that this is not a great impression of VW service and ask them to contact you it works, or at least it did for me. Persist and u get somewhere!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Should finally get mine tomorrow or Wednesday but whether Maps and More will be there too I have no idea. But if it isn't I'll be pointing out that a hamper and £200 of goodies is the only way to make me happy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts