Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello uppers!
I have been on this forum allot lately and Must say its helped me no end.
I have placed my order for my high up! Which I'm due it get at the end of sept.
I must thank the members on here as they helped me choose which model I wanted and how/where I got it from.
I placed my order through drive the deal.
so killing time on here has been useful.
Ok here's the question. I was going to get front and back mud flaps fitted but I have since found out that there are arch liners. I'm just wondering which would be better to protect from weather conditions.
Just thought, the arch liners are for protection or are they for something else.
Thanks for any helped offered.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have both. I live down an unmade road. The mudflaps stop mud being thrown up the cills and on to the back window. The wheel arch liners stop the sickening noise of gravel and stones smashing into the unlined metal wheel arches (albeit I know they are heavily stone chip protected).
At £24 a side for the wheel arch liners they seemed a good idea.
Some on here question why they aren't fitted as standard and to my mind this is simply down to cost on an economy model.
The mudflaps are in the VW accessory brochure at £55 a pair fitted.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just wondering if I could be really cheeky and ask if its possible to have a photo of what the liners look like when installed?i didn't realise that they were available and they could be really handy.

Could I install them myself as well?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure about self fit as my dealer fitted them for me. There is a pic on the other wheel arch liner post but I will try and private message you the pics. They aren't brilliant as difficult to get a good image.

·
Registered
438 Posts
RedDwarf said:
Not sure about self fit as my dealer fitted them for me. There is a pic on the other wheel arch liner post but I will try and private message you the pics. They aren't brilliant as difficult to get a good image.
Your dealer fitted the liners ?can you tell me how much he charged?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mud flaps easy enough to fit yourself, I did mine. I didn't bother with rear ones as there is nothing to protect and I think they look silly
Wheelarch liners were a bit more difficult as my car didn't have the holes for the clips. You should be OK with yours being a newer model - newer models seem to have the holes already thereunder the sealer.
My dealer didn't know the liners were available and only ordered them for me once I'd quoted the part numbers, which I got from the helpful people on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts