Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of interest really are most people new to the brand or swapping from similar cars e.g, Aygo,C1 etc?

·
Registered
677 Posts
this will be my second car from VW in a year! bought a brand new Polo last year coming from a Smart Fortwo, love my Polo but its too big and expensive for my needs, so im downgrade to a top spec High Up! My first dealings last year with VW weren't so good, the salesman was a complete tube! This time around I got a fantastic guy, really helpful and on the ball!

Really excited about getting back into a "Small" car again and watch the pennies roll in :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
First time for me as I used to work for MINI and just couldn't justify the premium for a great car that has sadly become a bit common. I think the up! has real character about it and a brilliant move by VW...albeit well overdue!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Have owned a Golf MK2, and a Seat Cordoba Vario TDi and my other half has had a Scirocco Mk2 and a Seat Altea, in the past. We currently have a VW T 4 Campervan, so we are definitely VW converts, but by no means new to VW.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is our sixth VW - when this arrives we will have three - a mk4 golf, the up and a T4 motor home!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have had 3 VWs before but sometime ago.First new car was a red Beetle in1970.|I have run allsorts over the years.

Have ordered a red Up - deja vu ? No; nice design good packaging /engineering and financial sense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My very first car (countless years ago) was the iconic VW Beetle. Since then I have sampled many other lesser makes until several years ago I discovered the Lupo - fantastic little car and very reliable (I could never see the point of the Fox). From there I migrated up to a Polo (again very reliable). So now I am migrating down to an Up! (Hopefully in early April)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Own a Skoda Octavia at the moment and the up will be our second car. Owned a Mark 1 and Mark 2 Golf in the past.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have been a one car family for the past 10 years. This is will be our first second car and our first VW. My Dad has always had VW's (loves the Passat). I have used public transport for my commute, but I am really looking forward to driving my new Up!

Rob

·
294 Posts
This would be our first VW here. Had a lot of Fords but the Ka justdoesn't do it for us.Only have a short commute too so the Up is ideal for that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
had a mk2 golf gti 16v when I was a teenager (many years ago), but the up will be the otherhalfs first VW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first VW my boyfriend drives a Mk4 Bolf and my mum drives a lupo i fell in love with her little lupo so when i found the up! was coming out i changed my mind straight away from an aygo to the up! i ordered one last week just waiting for my baby to arrive.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have had several MX-5s and I had the new mini convertible when it first came out, but I've never had a VW my husbands got a A3 convertible Audi which he loves but it does cost a lot in petrol, which is why he's buying me the VW UP! My son has Always loved VW he has had 2 beetles, Golf, VW camper which he did up to an excellent standard and his wife also has a Beetle which she loves :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I owned two Golf Gtis between 1995""”2003 and !oved them both dearly. After an 8 year break in 4 weeks Ill be a VW owner again Candy white move up arrives mid April

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 1st VW. Only had 1 car before, almost the same size as per dimension - Renault Clio Grande...
Have always fancied a VW, and now they are affordable. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have have VW for years now. I went to the showroom today to have a look and to my horror the gearbox is to all people VW not a VW gearbox reverse is on the wrong side.

I could not drive it as it was about to be taken out by someone else so I will have to go back and see what the difference is. I just wondered if anyone else had noticed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
VW use the box that has reverse over by first. It must be a cost cutting thing I am not happy as this is the only downside as it won't be like a VW.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Didn't know this,but know big negative.Anyway for the past 18months have been driving a Volvo with a Geartronic auto/sequential semi automatic set up so it will be a bit like starting all over again,however I will drive the Volvo from time to time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts