Up Owners Club banner

Argh!! What next??

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SophhD 
#1 ·
So first was supposed to pick car up saturday, but had a call same day to say would be at least tuesday due to recall. Picked car up on tues but Maps and more missing! Went back on Friday and picked it up. Was out this morning and it was not synced to car so hubby reset it and was ok. went shopping, got back in car and not synced again! (not showing revs, mpg etc)
Got home and hubby fitted rear mud flaps no problem as didn't need to take wheels off. went to take front wheels off and the key for alloys doesn't match the car!! Looks like when they've put the spare in, they've just swopped the kit over and the alloy key is for a different car. so now I have to go back tomorrow so they can see which one it is, and no doubt it wont be in stock so will have to go again to pick it up. The dealer must thinkI only go in for free coffee and biccys.

Am getting madder and madder at these reletively minor but very annoying problems. And breathe.

See less See more
#2 ·
lindasup! said:
Was out this morning and it was not synced to car so hubby reset it and was ok. went shopping, got back in car and not synced again! (not showing revs, mpg etc)
Make sure it's seated properly - both the support on the dash and the M&M on the support.

If it ain't seated properly, not all pins are connecting and some info doesn't get through.

#3 ·
_1S_ said:
lindasup! said:
Was out this morning and it was not synced to car so hubby reset it and was ok. went shopping, got back in car and not synced again! (not showing revs, mpg etc)
Make sure it's seated properly - both the support on the dash and the M&M on the support.

If it ain't seated properly, not all pins are connecting and some info doesn't get through.

I found mine quite tricky to locate at first but it seems to get easier with use.

#4 ·
I had the very same issue with mine this afternoon... I have had the 'not seated' on the dash problem before so thought it was this so popped it of the dash and re seated it firmly but still no figures for the mpg/ car etc. did a reset and still nothing. Then I completely turned it off/ shut it down (the m and m) and restarted it... It was now syncing with thr car and. all figures were then showing.

I have never had to do an on and off again to get it to sync properly, normally a fiddle with relocating it on its mount is enough??

#5 ·
I found that the actual part you fix the device onto on the stand to be the problem for me if I moved it slightly to the left or right then the mpg, music etc just wouldn't work and the charging bolt in the battery symbol wasn't coming up either. Phoned the dealer and they told me to take it in and they'd swap it for me. Hope you manage to get it sorted :)

#6 ·
hi thanks for replies. hubby had another look at it last night and it is ok today so far except when i answered a call could not hear person speaking but apparently they could hear me so having another look at it later and hope to get fully working x

#9 ·
The volume on the m and m is a bit of a law unto itself... Even more fun trying to sort volume for the routing/ guidance... You have to quick to catch and adjust the volume for the directions whilst 'she' is talking, and increase the volume whilst the instructions are being given!

#10 ·
I'm glad that it seems to be working now
. I got such a shock the first time I used the sat nav part the voice came on really loud and I jumped
. The volume on the phone calls is a bit poor I have to have mine turned up to at least half way or more to hear the person clearly but other than that it's great x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.