Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soooo frustrated rang my dealer today to find out where in the uk Lilly is , and basically they dont even know if the ship has docked yet. ( sailed last friday week 17 build ) they said it will probablly be another 2 weeks .... 2 weeks ???? Bloody ridiculous. At the moment im just so tempted to cancel and get something else . Ive been without a car since the begining of April and its really starting to get to me to be honest . I can honestly say i will NEVER buy a new car again because this experience has been horrible . The only good thing has been this forum, if it wasnt for you lot i think id have had a nervous breakdown !!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hang in there.. It will be worth it

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know your angry at the moment, but please hang in there! Your Up will be worth it :) once you have your car ..... COMPLAIN ABOUT THE DEALER muhahahaha!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
oh Kat2110 how awful for you, wish I could wave a wand and get you that vee dub.Hang in there, I have had a new car before but never waited this long and am praying it will be so worth the wait (i am getting it tuesday) sorry not rubbing it in. I have never waited this long and yes like others its been painful...............BUT every thing is good for thee who waits (kidded myself) hang in there

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi

We were in the same situation a couple of weeks ago........dealer kept saying did not know when we were going to get delivery.We had ordered a TakeUp! With comfort pack , candy white.ordered Feb 28th.We kept emailing the salesman and kept up the phone calls.....
In the end we were so fed up with vw, we asked the sales manager if he could find us another up! In candy white, from stock.
The next day we were offered a move up blue motion with lots of extras....candy white.....my wife loved it....alloy wheels winter pack, drivers pack , etc etc. we agreed a price an took delivery 2 days later.£600. Discount, and a full tank fuel...plus a lovely bunch of flowers. REALLY PLEASED with car. Car (grumps and Melody)Edited by: Grumps

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow ...maybe i will ring them again in the morning. Was actually thinking of asking VW if they can find me any Up ! Dont care about colour or extras just nit willing to wait ANOTHER two weeks . I was told when i ordered i would get my up by the end of April now its looking like the begining of june and to be honest im not willing to wait another 2 weeks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Kat2110. My dealer in Warringtontold me earlier this week that the had received my car again(mix up with order so sent 2), also fitted with black dash instead of red! They said that they were putting it in the showroom. Its a red High Up with cornsilk interior, sports, drivers assistance, sensor and sound packs.
The wait will be worth it and I understand your frustration. I was distraught when I found out they fitted a black dash but it will be changed in a week or so! Once I drove her home the disapointment lifted and I love her to bits - even more so when they fit the red dash!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im really pleased everyone here is so happy with their Ups but i really dont think its worth the wait , im not a patient person , and my patience has finally ran out. I honestly thought i wouls get a call this week asking to to come to showroom to pick number plate etc etc ..... Now thats not happening i really have had enough. Im cancelling my order tmrw, and making an appointment with citroen .

·
Registered
32 Posts
I sympathise with your frustrations but you may end up waiting longer than 2 weeks to get a new Citroen if you cancel now? Once you finally get behind the wheel of the UP! The pain of ordering and waiting will be a distant memory!

My vote is to hold on in there!

·
Registered
123 Posts
It depends on when your order was placed too, and how many add ons... I know the orders from end of feb, early march are starting to trickle through now. If your car is on a ship, your on the last hurdle... hang in there. Its a beautiful car.... very very unique.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Aw Kat, please hang on. I know how frustrated you must be and I feel exactly the same. This is my first new car experience and I certainly didn't expect this kind of waiting time. Patience isn't one of my virtues but I really think this will be worth the wait and as Wayman said, you may end up waiting even longer if you cancel now and go for something else.

Please, please just wait that final couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'm sure I posted a message here yesterday!

Anyway, why not ring up your dealer, explain that you need a car, and ask when it will arrive. If he says it will take a week or two, tell him that is making life difficult for you as he promised delivery earlier. Tell him that you will go to other dealers, in search of a comparable car that is available now, and that you will ring him to formerly cancel the order as and when you find one. You might find that he suddenly finds a loan car for you to use until the Up arrives. You have nothing to lose by trying this. Alternatively, hire a car, although that will cost some money of course. But ask yourself how much the VW Up matters to you, and what its value is. Perhaps you will decide that it is not worth it. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've been lucky enough to have a few new cars but I've never had to wait this long. Last car was a new Polo, and it would have been weeks to wait but the dealer got allocated an extra one which I snapped up. Only had two weeks to wait.

Hang on in there....the main reason for the delay is the demand for the car, and that is as good an indicator as any as to desirability.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What i dont understand is how come the week 17ers on this forum are either picking their cars up this week or next ... My car was on the same ship ??? So where the **** is it ? My dealer seems to think its going to take another 2 weeks to get here from grimsby wtf ???? Is the transporter reversing all the way or is it coming via horse drawn carriage !!!!! Anyhow im going to the dealers tonight and im demanding answers if i dont get any satisfactory answers then im cancelling. Because to be honest i dont believe a word my dealer says !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi again
Our original order has now arrived at our dealer....it may be possible it's still for sale!
TakeUp!.candy white.comfort pack.DORSET.
Send me a private message if you are interested , and I will forward dealers tel no.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'd be drawing your dealer's attention to this forum and see what excuses they come up with. The VW dealership in Dundee is excellent but it's a bit of a drive from Anglesey!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Kat2110 said:
...., and making an appointment with citroen .
Kat

We all understand your frustration. But really, really do not jump Frying pan into the fire styly

You are feeling fed up now, but just think how fed up you will be for the next 3 years or so seeing all those lovely up!s on the road while you are driving a citroen ! AND imagine your face when your trade in or sell the car is for just a few £££. There are good reasons why that brand scores very high in the % value loss over the first 3 years !!

Citroens are actually great value when bought 2nd hand as there are thousands on autotrader at really low prices. BUT you need to choose a low miler that has been loved AND invest some time to understand their quirks. For instance.. I bought a top of the range 2 years old, 2008 Citroen c2 'code' with just 12k on the clock. 1.6litre, 16valve, 125bhp, low profile alloys, heated leather seats, metallic paint, aircon, full citroen fitted body kit... plus all the goodies. List was £13,500 new.. 2 years later I bought it for sub 5k !!!

It was/is a fabulous little car. BUT from the first day I wasdisappointed. The ride was incredibly harsh, road noise really high, even driven frugally it was hard to approach 40mpg [ well it is a sports model I guess
] and just generally it felt like a compromise all round.

Have you googled the brand ?? and seen how many disappointed and irate customers that they have ?? plus all the problems with the cars and the overall lack of response to real problems from the dealerships ??... and the cost of repairs !!!

VW have some annoyed customers too, but if you shout a little they respond

A mixture of Grumps and Leif's ideas sounds your best bet.. Carrot and Stick. There should be no need to travel to Dundee to get a car either as VW should be able to transfer stock between dealers [ at maybe a little added for the transport ]. Go ask your dealer for viable alternatives AND look elsewhere too. Plus hint that their name will be darkened as you will feel obliged to post it on here !! -- Pull out all the stops !!! You are being angry in an unproductive way.. focus it at the salesman and name and shame
-- Anything to get your baby up! Think mother bear protecting her threatened babies

It is 100% worth it.

Dave

·
Registered
423 Posts
Might be interesting to see how forum members mark their dealership out of ten for communication, deal, sales staff etc etc. Mine is fine but it's obvious many are falling short on customer care.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everyone that has contributed to this post, you really are lovely. Once ive made my mind up though its really difficult to change it ( its the capricorn in my im afraid ) stubborn to very end . However , i do agree with you all it would be daft cancel now after waiting all this time. But i will be visiting the dealer this evening and im going to take my frustrations out on him and i will threaten to cancel if he cant give me a specific date or trace my Lilly . I will also draw his attention to this forum and ask why it takes 3 weeks to arrive at the dealers instead of the 1 i was originaly told.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whassup said:
Might be interesting to see how forum members mark their dealership out of ten for communication, deal, sales staff etc etc. Mine is fine but it's obvious many are falling short on customer care.
Ha ! Mine will be getting a -1

1 - 20 of 37 Posts