Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car arrived at my dealer today (Move Up in white with Winter Pack and Maps & More).
However my maps & more isn't here yet. The dealer claims that when adding Maps & More as an option the dealership can only order it when the car arrives at the dealership. Sounds stupid to me. It could now take a further 5 days for Maps & More to arrive.
The dealership isn't keen on me taking delivery of car until maps & more arrives!
FRUSTRATING!

·
Registered
677 Posts
that is ridiculous! you should get your car as soon as possible! I know that once the car arrives at the dealer then you need to give them 3 days for them to do a PPI check, and prep it for you, so wouldn't it just be 2 days you had to wait?

I would say to them your taking the car and they'll need to deliver the M&M when it arrives!

·
Registered
76 Posts
its true they have to keep them separate as people were stealing them at port both ends!!!! my dealer told me that and he took a m&m from another car so i could have it on the day of collection Annie

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I took delivery of my High up! the Maps + more was not in the car and the salesman had no clue where it was. Finally another salesman told him that the module comes seperately and was kept under lock and key! Just make sure that they give you the password for the unit, we did not get it and I had to call Navigon to get the unit unlocked!

Worth it though great system, just want the case!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
initially i thought it was stupid to wait to have the maps and more, but now i see the reasons why with the aparent stealing going on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Annie43 said:
its true they have to keep them separate as people were stealing them at port both ends!!!! my dealer told me that and he took a m&m from another car so i could have it on the day of collection Annie

<div style="text-align: center;">As soon as I heard that the 'Maps & More' units could be used in other cars I thought...
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">Low Life Thief Magnet !!!

<div style="text-align: center;">You will have to keep hiding them away.. or else.

<div style="text-align: center;">I asked before... Is the name a subtle joke... ??

<div style="text-align: center;">As in when you return to the car and ask...

<div style="text-align: center;">"Where's my bl**dy NAVIGON !!!!!! ???

<div style="text-align: center;">Hope not.... Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
Once you get your m&m you set a pass number and it can't be used in another car even if it's been stolen. My one hadnt been used before I got it x

·
Registered
677 Posts
My maps and more is apparently on route! my car is at the garage, but I can't pick it up till next wednesday :( gonna be a looooong 6 days !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Morning Craig when I had THE CALL to say she was in the dealers I had to wait a week and it was the longest week of my life!!
But she was well worth waiting for I still can't stop smiling!! And I just know you'll be the same xx

·
Registered
75 Posts
My UP! white was due to arrive at the dealer yesterday afternoon

The dealer now can order the maps and more for the car.
The unit could take up to 5 days to
arrive so we set a date of next Friday (20th) to pick up the UP!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i think i'd have to go "visit" my car if i knew it was at the dealers but i couldnt take it...

·
Registered
553 Posts
I really can't get my head around this!
If the M&M is part of the order its a bit like sending the car without its wheels! it just aint on!
Why would something that comes as standard on the car not come with the car?
Or is this problem only affecting people/cars where the M&M is not standard but an addition?

Either way if ours comes without the M&M I'd just rather not know the car is here until its ALL here!
Even though I'm now "Proper buzzin" as my niece would say.

Edited by: M5 SUT

·
294 Posts
It does seem a bit strange. Yes sir your car is here but the alloys you've ordered are arriving separately.

I don't like the thought that someone is already out to steal them before they are even in our cars either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thought I'd update. My car arrived at the dealers on Thursday 12th April. I rang my dealer again today. The Maps & More still hasn't arrived for it. The dealer has said they'd prefer if I didn't take the car until Maps & More arrives. I told the dealer today that the system seems like nonsense to me. They stated that Volkswagen will not allow them to order the M&M until the vehicle arrives at the dealership. The expected delivery time for M&M after order is 5 days. Why on earth cant the dealership order some M&M to keep in stock. The dealership have confirmed its the parts department that orders the M&M.Im now hoping M&M arrives tomorrow (17/4/12). Staff at the dealership to be fair to them are just as frustrated by the system as me. They have told me that until Volkswagen change the system they are not going to tell customers when their cars arrive at the dealership until M&M arrives.
Im intending to make a complaint to Volkswagen UK. I sold my old car last week as I thought my Up would be with me and NOT the dea!ership by now. I've been walking to work for the last 4 days as I have no flipping car.
l'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
553 Posts
It could be worse the weather could have flipped back into winter!........ OH!.....Hang on.....

Oh crap it did didn't it!!

Taxi....Bus.... brolly!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
My High Up arrived without its Maps + More, the dealer just handed the car over and gave me a nudge a week later when it showed up!

I just drove over and picked the box up and clipped the unit in later that day!

It's crazy they aren't letting you have the car!! The M+M is beyond peripheral!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lovejimbo said:
My High Up arrived without its Maps + More, the dealer just handed the car over and gave me a nudge a week later when it showed up!

I just drove over and picked the box up and clipped the unit in later that day!

It's crazy they aren't letting you have the car!! The M+M is beyond peripheral!!
I think the dealer would have allowed me to take the car if I'd been insistent. However my feeling was thatM&M is a significant part of the car Ive bought. I want to collect the complete car. I've never bought a new car before and having it complete from day one is important to me. The dealership also claimed M&M needed to be configured to my particular car

·
Registered
55 Posts
Barrelman said:
I think the dealer would have allowed me to take the car if I'd been insistent. However my feeling was thatM&M is a significant part of the car Ive bought. I want to collect the complete car. I've never bought a new car before and having it complete from day one is important to me. The dealership also claimed M&M needed to be configured to my particular car
About that last part I sincerely doubt that. My M&M arrived at the dealership on the day I took delivery, and we opened the box it came in together - and the only settings performed was choosing language and choice of metric system.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts