Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all ! New to the forum as of this morning

Collected our UP yesterday, its the High Up in White which looks pretty smart. The spec is good as well, we are really pleased with it. Its a bit quicker than we thought it would be as well.

We do have one slight problem however, the SatNav unit keeps disconnecting from the car and feels slightly loose. This means that one minute you have details on the radio / rev counter etc, then the next minute it fades out as it disconnects from the vehicle. It also keeps coming up with the shutting down in 30 seconds message. It seems as if the connection isn't 100% secure as there is a bit of movement in the stalk. The problem is where the base of the stalk fits into the top of the dash, there is a bit of give in this area.

Should I take it back to the dealer or is it something I can fix ?

Just discovered this forum and the info is great. Am now going to try and figure out the best way forward for connecting my iPod so looking forward to reading through the various posts !

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
JKR said:
Morning all ! New to the forum as of this morning

Collected our UP yesterday, its the High Up in White which looks pretty smart. The spec is good as well, we are really pleased with it. Its a bit quicker than we thought it would be as well.

We do have one slight problem however, the SatNav unit keeps disconnecting from the car and feels slightly loose. This means that one minute you have details on the radio / rev counter etc, then the next minute it fades out as it disconnects from the vehicle. It also keeps coming up with the shutting down in 30 seconds message. It seems as if the connection isn't 100% secure as there is a bit of movement in the stalk. The problem is where the base of the stalk fits into the top of the dash, there is a bit of give in this area.

Should I take it back to the dealer or is it something I can fix ?

Hi John and welcome,
the m&m connection can be a bit dodgy, you really have to push all around the base to make sure its clicked in, if that makes sense.
anne

Just discovered this forum and the info is great. Am now going to try and figure out the best way forward for connecting my iPod so looking forward to reading through the various posts !

John

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome, John. Sounds like a great colour and spec.
I believe others have discovered the problematic docking point design too. From memory, they are pressing down extra firmly to make sure the unit clips in properly.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers - good tip. I've taken the whole thing apart and refitted with some brute force. Now seems to be more solid ! Shame it wasn't already fitted correctly, but thats it done now.

Don't think I'll be taking the dealers advice and removing the base & arm every time I leave the vehicle thought ! Will just unclip the screen.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I only unclip the screen. It would be a real pain to keep taking it all apart all the time.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Same here, I only unclip the screen. Its far too random a shape to chuck in your bag otherwise (in a nice Up! Case of course)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome, I occasionally have the connection issue, but its just where I havent made sure the front of the stalk isnt clicked in properly, but i do remove mine everytime, put it in the glove compartment, and when I reconnect it i just make sure i press the front down firmly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts