Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I pick my manual up, up on Thursday and I am taking my mother along, to look at ups while we are there.

She requires an automatic vehicle and I have read varying reviews of this.

Could some owners give me some real world insights to what it's like please?

She has never owned an auto before.

Thanks

Julian.

·
Registered
397 Posts
rampower said:
She has never owned an auto before.
Then I'd say keep well away from it! I've driven quite a few automatics over the years and was considering the auto version. I took a test drive and reckon I could have got used to it (and I think would have enjoyed the challenge! .... But my wife has never driven an auto before. I felt it would have been very unwise to expect her to 'learn' the auto/ASG on this one.
We are both very impressed with our manual up!

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've driven ford mercedes and vw auto's but thats a "robotic" auto as they call them.. it's not actually an auto it's just little electric motors that change the gears for you on a normal manual (very simply put it's obviously much more complicated). I have driven the robotic auto in my brothers mk1 smart and they are jitterish and take a while to get used to and you have to learn to "forsee" what they are about to do.. I spose the UP! one will be a bit better than that since my brothers smart is a year 2000 but i wouldn't consider one personally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts