Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just seen on vw config for move up there is an option for ags engine I might be being stupid but what is this? and is it correct that itsAcceleration (0-62mph) is 9.2 seconds, thats 5.2 seconds faster than std 60 ps engine

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ags is the vw term for the automatic transmission...I'm dubious if the performance figures are correct though... From most reviews I have read the auto only hinders the accelaration process with long waits and jerky shift when the next gear us engaged by the robotised shifting system. A sequential racing box it ain't it seems
Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's what I thought autogear shift, not understand the figures myself, my wife has auto in the almera and is does shift with the pedel down but 5 seconds faster I doubt

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
It sure isn't a dsg...

·
Registered
705 Posts
The Owner's Manual makes reference to a Tiptronic gearbox. Is this the same as the ASG?

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Tiptronic is audis name for manual shifting with it

·
Registered
705 Posts
Although Tiptronic was invented by Porsche.

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Acceleration figures MUST be wrong!

·
Registered
532 Posts
The acceleration figure are mad. The 75 ps asg acceleration is 13.2, the same as the 5 speed car. The 60 ps asg cannot be faster as it hasn't got the power. Someone needs his bottom kicking.

Don't believe all you read on a website.

I've e-mailed them on the OP's behalf. I wonder if they will acknowledge the error.

It would need about 120 ps to get those figures! The 105ps polo does the acceleration in 9.7 seconds.

Golf BMT 140ps 9.3 seconds.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
304 Posts
I wish they did a sweet auto box with flappy paddles on the wheel. It would be superb. Not having to lift your foot off the power (what there is of it) as I you shift up.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've also noticed that the 60ps asg is faster than the manual at 106 mph. Another error.

September and VW still haven't corrected the website. I've given up after having emailed them more than once. They sorted the acceleration, but the top speed is still wrong.
Edited by: ducatikid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts