Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 11 weeks of waiting my new ASG high up is finally on a ship heading to England . I'm told that it will be with my dealer in 10 days and ready to collect 10 days or so later ready for me to drive it back to Wales.

I have only driven an ASG badly on my test drive and am keen to learn how to drive it well.

Could anyone who has discovered how to drive an ASG well please share their tips with me or point me to any information about it?
I tried googling for info but only found people complaining about it.

Many thanks,
Kat

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Don't think I can add anymore than I've already written. On hand over make sure the dealer runs through everything with you and that you understand. Get him to show you how the locking petrol cap works as some owners have had a problem with this. Don't be heavy on the accelerator for the first 1000 miles to help everything to settle in. Most of all have fun. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'll get to start finding out about ASG driving on Saturday as my car is finally ready for me to collect. I'll have a 2 hour ish motorway drive to get it home

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
How exciting Kat. Hope all goes well for you and you find driving your Up! a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I'm feeling nervous at the moment, it's my first new car that was mine not a company one. I hope that we get used to each other quickly and that I don't regret it

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Kat and welcome. What ever Up we choose for our individual needs or preferences, they are great little cars.Beevee will continue to advise on ASG I am sure, if you need any help. My Up was my first brand new car ever, so a big event for me. No regrets what-so-ever.

Enjoy!

Go well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done about 5000 miles in my new ASG up by now.
The ASG definitely is no CVT or DSG. It shifts jerkily.
You can anticipate gear shifts and ease up on the accelerator - makes for a smoother ride.
Be extra careful entering motorways. You can't accelerate as much as you would like to.
There is a 2 second delay before the acceleration starts to be noticeble.

On the positive side, it works very well in congested traffic conditions. I have had 2 month of stop-and-go traffic now as there are major bridge repairs going on on my usual route to work. I am very happy that I had the ASG. Manual transmission would have been an ordeal.

I am sure you will manage...
Have fun with your new car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts