Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment I drive a Citroen C1 and am considering moving to an UP for the better and more comfortable ride.I have to have an auto as my wife has a knee injury and is unable to use a clutch with any ease.
I notice in various reviews that people rate the car very highly but the ASG box has very poor reports indeed. What are the thoughts on here? Are those with the auto box happy with it or are there specific dislikes?
The auto box on the C1 is not too bad although it fumbles a bit when changing gear at very low speeds.
Any coments would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't have the auto box on my car but those, on this forum, that do have cars so equipped seem to like them. The negative reviews of the automated manual box on the Up seem to come from motoring journalists, as far as I can see.

There have been some reports, again on this forum, about a burning smell from the ASG box/clutch when under heavy load. Apart from this 'issue' there have not been any official problems that I've heard about.

Your best option would be to test drive an auto Up to see if it is 'for you' (if you can find one at a dealership).

·
Registered
114 Posts
I drive the ASG in my SEAT Mii Style Sport (75bhp).For city traffic, it is a great little gearbox, but like the C1, it holds back a little bit when shifting gear. (It is not a Volkswagen 7-speed DSG gearbox, but then again, it is not priced like that.)
I do notice that when I am driving about 70 km/h and I want to accelerate to overtake someone with 80-90, it stalls, falls back to fourth gear or even third, accelerates and then climbs up again.

All in all, this is all just something you get used too. I love the ASG comfort when driving around town. It has never been built for the race tracks,. so I am fine with that.

Wouldn't want to trade for a manual now.

·
Registered
397 Posts
luckyjimmy said:
Your best option would be to test drive an auto Up to see if it is 'for you' (if you can find one at a dealership).
I was thinking of going for the Auto box but my VW Dealer didn't have one to try. With the Motoring press reports in mind, I tried an auto CityGo. This could be a similar situation for VW as it was for Toyota with the Yaris. The Yaris's first-time Auto box was what they used to called a "Semi-Automatic". They then brought out the 'proper' automatic. I could probably have coped with it, but I felt it was not the best thing for my wife to get used to (she's never driven an automatic before). So I went for BMT instead (BMT not available with the auto box).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.
I've had my Move UP ASG for a few days and must say I love it!
The only real niggle I have is after parking up and switching off, I get a warning light of a car on a hill and an annoying beeping sound. This continues for several minutes even after locking up.
The handbook says to leave the gearbox in D or R and make sure the handbrake is on.
Is this normal, as there is very little info on the subject?
Thanks in advance....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts