Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so annoyingly the UP! doesn't have an ashtray for my tic-tacs! So, I looked at the parts and there is one for the back which looks like it may fit in the front...

Here is a picture I found which hopefully suggests it is the right part!

I have ordered one and if it fits in the front, I will order a second for the back!

Will let you know, I will size test it in the Skoda Citigo as that's what they have nearest the parts place!!

S

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
How much is it Si?

I miss something like that in the front

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's about £20 - official VW part...

Assuming it fits in the Citigo, I have to assume it will be the same in the UP!

Either way, I will let you know by hopefully next weekend if it seems to be OK

Problem for me is getting hold of an UP to try it in, hence the Citigo which is in the same place that the parts place is!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Cool, thanks Si. A reasonable price I guess

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... If it fits OK in the front, then I will order a second one for the back!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like the description of the item. A "thingy" is a word I use often, probably because I can't remember the correct name for it. It is a word we should not be afraid of using. It describes perfectly most things in this world. especially in the world of gadgets.
In Liverpool we also sometimes use it to describe a person whose name we can't remember.

·
Registered
172 Posts
SiJ2000 said:
It's about £20 - official VW part...

Assuming it fits in the Citigo, I have to assume it will be the same in the UP!

Either way, I will let you know by hopefully next weekend if it seems to be OK

Problem for me is getting hold of an UP to try it in, hence the Citigo which is in the same place that the parts place is!

Do you have the part number for this? I can't seem to track it down and I want 2 for my car! I really miss the ashtray for storing keys and change! Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
I tossed mine the day I took delivery of the car.

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw, but I just wanted the plain one... I'll see what comes and decide... My local place is trade and does SEAT, Skoda, VW and Audi...

·
Registered
467 Posts
the trash can comes if You order an Up with Smoking package.For my country it's in standard, so I got it with my Up.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably due to regulations, there is no smoking package in the UK!!

However, does the same ash tray fit in the front and back cup holders??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Just made me think, there's no cigarette lighter in my Up! Not a bad thing in my opinion

·
Registered
705 Posts
The cigarette lighter is useful as a 12v power socket. I use mine to power the zumo, or to recharge my old Sony Ericsson K800, which is very useful. It would be nice to have the power socket without the ash tray.

Nick

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's odd... usually there is one for power!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Collas, you must have posted whilst I was typing!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Bloomin' **** look at the price of the cup holder organiser............35 quid and 55 for storage one

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have the 12v power socket which I use to charge my iPad but no actual 'thingy'
which has a heating element

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Appparently the VW one have ordered is about £20...

I am going to wait and see how it fits. The ebay one above says it's 90mm (assume diameter), the VW one, I think, is 80mm...

Not 100% sure though!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts