Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys!

So I had a parcel from the guys at HID Direct today. Only ordered two days ago! I ordered new headlights, DRL lights and indicators. The first picture below shows the factory bulbs and the second shows the new ones all fitted.

Headlights

Daytime Running Lights

Indicator Lights

You can see right away that the indicators have been de-tangoed by using chromed bulbs. The DRLs also appear blue and give off a brilliant white light - although I can't currently get a picture due to Sheffield being sunnier than the Maldives right now. I'll grab a picture and edit the post tonight.

Edited by: The Novacat

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I used the HID blue sidelights...great but lasted 6 weeks !!...now have LEDs......de-tango indicators should be compulsory, esp on a white car! good job

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Privatedoc said:
I used the HID blue sidelights...great but lasted 6 weeks !!...now have LEDs......de-tango indicators should be compulsory, esp on a white car!   good job
I must admit the Chinese writing on the box for the blue sidelights made me wonder how long they're likely to last!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a long overdue update on the lil' Up, and it isn't a good one. I was cruising to work the other day on an icy hill and the Up decided not to stop and viciously attack a Mitsubishi Colt in front of me. My car then turned sideways on the ice and pushed their car down the hill into a junction.

Everyone (except my wallet) is okay, but the Up has some corner damage and a couple of large dents on the rear passenger wheel arch.

Silver linings and all that though, I've decided that since I need a new headlight and bumper anyway I might as well crack on with a few decent mods. I'm thinking the black headlight units and potentially an aftermarket or e-up bumper. Does anybody have any ideas what I could potentially have a go at? I'll stick on some pictures of the carnage as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So a small update here. I finally got round to uploading some images of the carnage from a couple of months ago. I bought myself a new headlight to replace the damaged one but have yet to repair the other damage.

oxonboxn said:
When the Mtec blue DRLs "pop" (and they will)...these are the LED DRLs  to go for....twin-power
levels, direct replacement with no mods needed....work exactly as they should and look good, too.
Come with 12 month warranty.

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-7443-w21-5w-gen-2-canbus-27-smd-5050-led-bulbs-pair-white/
As Ox predicted, this happened the other day
My right hand DRL is now blown and looks a bit daft when I'm driving around.

In other news, the Up's first MOT is in 2 weeks! I need to sort the bulb, some new wipers (they aren't as good as they used to be) and some new front tyres I reckon before then.

I'm also going to finally start some mods now that I have a new job and more income. Going to go with some tints and black roof wrap. I need to fix the damage first though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts