Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call this morning. Collecting tomorrow afternoon at 3.30. Well done to the dealership for turnin the car around so fast!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
way hey! as you say....at last!!!

dont forget your camera !!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow so as we are build week 26 maybe there is a chance for us to be pretty soon but it still showing on the tracking that is in transit. So with a little luck two weeks time at the most.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Tomorrow afternoon will seem a long time coming.
Good luck with your collection x

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great to see another week 25 er get there car on schedule (I think its just collas who have yet to collect their week 25 car?)
You will seriously enjoy it, we are off on a run round friends and familiy this evening to "show it off" (why not)
Please post a few picsin the gallery.
Edited by: idletony

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've chased the dealer yesterday, not in the office, and twice today and not heard a thing.

Nick

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It can't possibly be far away. Maybe it was on the transporter that brought mine to Lowestoft yesterday. It would make sense. Hope you hear something soon.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Speak of the devil. I've just been phoned by the dealer and arranged to pickup on the 31st of July as I'll be working evening shifts for the early part of next week, changing to nights for the rest of the week and the weekend. The car hasn't been delivered yet but he has been guaranteed by VW that it will be there. Still no news on the second key, but he did assure me that he is trying to chase it up with VW, but gets put on hold! Sounds familiar.

So time to get the StreetKa cleaned this weekend, and ask the neighbour to help put the hardtop back on. Of course, this probably means that there will be a sudden outbreak of sunshine, but with the hardtop in place, the car shouldn't be as hot as when the black canvas roof is raised - that's fearsomely hot and stays that way even with the aircon.

Nick

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good news, Nick. Not sure my trade-in's going to get much cleaning before tomorrow, except by the rain!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Exciting news! It's just a little bit closer to heaven...

As for cleaning the trade-in - meh, make them work for the money! Mine hadn't been cleaned in yonks, and the day before I collected my up! white, I rear-ended a Vauxhall with my Polo! It only had a busted number plate, but I parked it with the front up against a hedge at my dealership and kept quiet about it....

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If only my dealership had some hedges! I have rear-ended a couple of pheasants since they last saw the car, but if they will take four months to deliver the new one what can they expect?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Fantastic news yapmaul and collas, really great to hear that you're getting your cars at last and can't wait to see the pics and hear what you think of your new additions

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
yapmaul said:
Got the call this morning. Collecting tomorrow afternoon at 3.30. Well done to the dealership for turnin the car around so fast!
Another up for Norfolk
I got mine from Robinsons as well. Post some photos soon of your new motor and have fun..Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rednaxela said:
yapmaul said:
Another up for Norfolk
I got mine from Robinsons as well. Post some photos soon of your new motor and have fun..
Yeah, maybe we should have a Norfolk red up meet sometime. It'll be a hectic weekend for the new car. I'm taking it for a weekend in sunny Margate! Should have plenty of pics by the time I get back!Edited by: yapmaul

·
Registered
956 Posts
fat spanner said:
collect my up on july 26 .I ordered May 2nd so not too bad..........UP Black as it comes

Welcome and congratulations fat spanner. Hope the weather stays good for your pick up day

Edited by: clowesa

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Welcome Mr Spanner.......just ahead of me......enjoy your new baby!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts