Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's week 16!!!!

Let's hope all the workers had a great weekend and have arrived at the factory all refreshed and ready to build cars!
Hopefully, one of those little red cars will be just for me...Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had email from dealer, mine is half way through and should be finished this week followed by a 2-3 week delivery.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Excting stuff...Mine should be on the way to the dealer any day now...it was a build week 13 so a three week turn around is the safe estimation I would say

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine should have been built last week - how long does it take to build?Then get delivered?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Should arrive at the dealership 2-3 weeks after the build week... according to my dealer

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am hoping and praying just 2 weeks arrival after my build week 17!! I do not think I have any more patience for another week!!!....

Though I know I know... it may be an additional week. Sigh... :( but it makes me happy seeing others getting their UP's and the pics makes me want mine more and adds patience! :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
The wait is the toughest thing ever! But once it comes it's well worth it :) just seems like yesterday I was playing on my VW configuration app on my iPhone building my Up, and now tomorrow I'm picking him up :)Edited by: Craig200588

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Craig200588 said:
The wait is the toughest thing ever! But once it comes it's well worth it :) just seems like yesterday I was playing on my VW configuration app on my iPhone building my Up, and now tomorrow I'm picking him up :)
Not much sleep then Craig?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm expecting lots of pics Craig and a thorough review of the sports suspension!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
gary02tdi said:
Craig200588 said:
The wait is the toughest thing ever! But once it comes it's well worth it :) just seems like yesterday I was playing on my VW configuration app on my iPhone building my Up, and now tomorrow I'm picking him up :)
Not much sleep then Craig?
You know what's really sad Gary, I thought to myself "I'll go to bed and have a nice long lie in cause it's my day off work, then go pick up my shiny new car as soon as I get up cause I will sleep all day"

Nope!

Woke up bang on 5:30am this morning and actually said "sweet ... only 12 more hours to go"

I've been awake ever since -_- I'm actually worse than a 5 year old at Christmas

And yes mark I shall give you my verdict once I've given him a wee run :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was wondering how they move cars from the Factory to the dealer??

Perhaps a train from Slovakia to the German coast, then grouped into UK areas at the port and put on car transporters, then a specific ship to a specific area, ie. South East, North etc. then final drive to dealer...

I'm only guessing, so perhaps someone else may know?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Craig200588 said:

Pah... Stop Dribbling Craig Boy. That's not nearly stressful enough ;)

If you want REAL stress and Sleepless nights... Try ordering a VW up! ... then fall in love with a gorgeous Welsh Cottage propertythat is up for auction in a months time[ overlooking apicturesquewelsh town and 1000+ years old castle ] .... AND then wish you had not ordered the up! as you need the funds towards padding up your bid.

THEN decide to go for both at once and tear yourself apart juggling finances and going hot & cold on both decisions. Add in the month of uncertainty as to the up!s delivery date... and speculate on the auction competition that you are up against. Enquire as to how many couples have viewed the Cottage and get told >70+ !!

THEN.. Drive for 3 hours to reach the auction last Saturday and bid your life funds away to the max against the Cottage.. and worse of all [ in a strange way ] .. WIN the bidding !!
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">Now THAT is stressful x50,000,000,123 times over !!!

<div style="text-align: center;">Result.. I too collect my baby red up! tomorrow. And completion on the Cottage is 11th May !! ;)

<div style="text-align: center;">It's the white and blue one with 1/3 acre of land ;)
<div style="text-align: center;">The Photo was taken from the castle looking over to it.

<div style="text-align: center;">Enjoy it when you get it Mate :)

<div style="text-align: center;">Dave

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
nice cottage! do we all get to stay there haha!! joking, i imagine that is very stressful, not sure i could ever auction bid, id get too scared!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts