Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have recently found some pictures at the internet of some up owners, at this side of the sea, fitting some audi air vents in the up! So I began searching and found out that they are not plug and play... I believe they won’t fit as they are, but I found two shops selling “adapted” audi a3 air vents for the VW up! Asked some questions, did a bit more of reasearch and finally bought a pair for mine.

So, to get them fitting, the vents are adapted by sanding some pieces without compromising any functionality:

And this is the result:

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
They look good and I bet have better adjustment for the direction of the air too. I can never get the standard ones to blow where I want them too really. Where did you get them from?

·
Super Moderator
1,475 Posts
They look good and I bet have better adjustment for the direction of the air too. I can never get the standard ones to blow where I want them too really. Where did you get them from?
There's loads on eBay, search Audi A3 8V Air Vent

·
Registered
33 Posts
What parts need to be sanded? Interested in doing this

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What parts need to be sanded? Interested in doing this
I believe it was sanded at number 2 and chopped a bit in number 1 to make it shorter... When I putted them into place, it was still a bit tight...

The vents look great, and they few much nicer to operate than the standards

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have just tried this mod on a spare a3 vent but I could not make it short enough to fit flush with the dash.Whether the pre facelift has different trunking I can’t say but no way can I fit it to the gti.Has anyone else tried it?

·
Super Moderator
1,475 Posts
I have just tried this mod on a spare a3 vent but I could not make it short enough to fit flush with the dash.Whether the pre facelift has different trunking I can’t say but no way can I fit it to the gti.Has anyone else tried it?
Are you comparing the dimensions with the stock up! vent? Coz that would be my first action.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The front half of the a3 vent is compatible with the up dash & would fit ok.The problem is the up ducting narrows down to app.60 mm.& the a3 vent flap section is 70mm a/c.It is a shame as these Audi vents are a well engineered product but I can’t see a way of using them but I a willing to be proved wrong.

·
Super Moderator
1,475 Posts
The front half of the a3 vent is compatible with the up dash & would fit ok.The problem is the up ducting narrows down to app.60 mm.& the a3 vent flap section is 70mm a/c.It is a shame as these Audi vents are a well engineered product but I can’t see a way of using them but I a willing to be proved wrong.
I've seen several ups with these fitted, so it must be possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts