Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a MM with a microphone that doesn't work anymore on the old Navigon unit.

I bought my Up second hand and it hasn't worrked since then (didn't think to try it before I signed).

Is this a common problem that is easy to fix?

If not is the Garmin model any better?

The other issue I have is that VW Australia doesn't seem to sell them brand new anymore and the wreckers around the area don't have any crashed Up's, is anybody selling a used one they could ship to Australia for me and will there be any compatability issues?

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi there,
Welcome to the forum. My Up! doesn't have M&M, but other users seem to have a very dim view of it and the Navigon unit. The later Garmins appear to be better, although I think had slightly different features, and many have moved on to using their phones via the Aux port of the radio. There are way too many threads to link to here, but have a search of the forum ('Navigon' or 'Garmin') to see the range of opinions and which option would work best for you.
There is a 'wanted' section of the forum here - try putting a post in there, which will be the fastest way to see if another unit is available from forum users. Otherwise, the best source for older bits is online sites like eBay; a quick look at the UK site turned up 10 second-hand Navigons alone. Obviously at the moment you may have to wait a bit longer to get anything shipped, but they are out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts