·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

E-up. But wonder if this will become an option?Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
He means the climate control panel on the dash above the radio, where the normal Up has the heater controls. I think they fitted this type of A/C as the car has more control over it, so if the battery voltage drops too much, it can shut it down or regulate its use.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops, typo....automatic air conditioning....set a temp and the car maintains it by regulating temp and air distribution itself

Corrected typo....doh!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Oh right, i see now. Touch buttons rather than twisty buttons. Come to think of it, it is strange that the high up has the twisty sort. Normally, the top trim levels have climate control (touch buttons) and the lower trim levels have air con (twisty buttons). Not so in the up. Still, more than happy with the gadgets i have got. Never had cruise control, heated seats or info-tainment before.......and i love it all!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Climate control may appear on top end models of the next generation Up, which must be due an upgrade over the next 12-24 months.

Although, I suspect I may upgrade to the forth-coming Polo when it comes to saying goodbye to my Up!

I'm also very jealous of the LED DRL's and blue stitching from which the E-UP! benefits. Edited by: Miserable Git

·
Registered
386 Posts
This is probably what I miss the most on my Up, it is my first car whitout auto airco. It has the manual airco and it's better than nothing but it's no match for the comfort of an automatic one. This should have been an option from the start. Now I also understand why so many people don't like airco and some get even sick, you constantly have to adapt the mixture yourself because if you don't it cools down too much and before you know it it's too cold...
Let's hope it becomes available on the facelift

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Personally I don't miss auto air con as I used to over ride and adjust the flow manually anyway. It's nice to retain some control over the air con especially the direction of flow.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Beevee said:
Personally I don't miss auto air con as I used to over ride and adjust the flow manually anyway. It's nice to retain some control over the air con especially the direction of flow.

Yes, true. I always found automatic air-con to be too cold myself.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I agree because I always adjust the airflow manually to my satisfaction. But what I miss the most is that you put it on 21° and it keeps that temperature no matter what

·
Registered
176 Posts
I must agree that climate control is a major miss, particularly since every car I've owned, bar the exception of a Renault Scenic, has come with it as standard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts