Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

The YouTube channel I jointly run, Auto Animals, has just published the review of the VW Up!, featuring me!

Go watch and be sure to subscribe :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kIBEzjLEEY

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
at first i saw the duration of the video and was instantly put off, but i though it would be rude not to give it a watch. it was surprisingly quite entertaining. also it covers quite a lot of the little things what any other car review would not have mentioned!

i think the best bit was when the other Up! came in and both starting going in circles! thats just me!!

honest 9/10 for me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback :)

Yeah, doing that bit going in circles took SO many takes. It's much harder to co-ordinate it than it looks!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I enjoyed the time review, bud. Think you covered all the important bits. Look forward to your review of the Up! GTi when it eventually appears!

Jonesy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope we get to review one! We haven't approached any manufacturers yet regarding borrowing cars for reviews (so far it's all been our own cars and cars from people we know) but I'm hoping by the time it comes out we'll be big enough to be able to do that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
James you've already seen my feedback on the group :D keep up the good work and i only wish i could join in my with Street :p

Kieran.H

·
Registered
141 Posts
Watched the video and liked it. Only disappointment, we are in 2017 and still a 2012 model was reviewed. Before I started the video I expected to see a review of the new Up! 2016/2017 model.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I can't stand the new Up so i preferred the review of the 2012 model. And strictly speaking the Street is a 2015 model (with several differences) not 2012. Each to their own
Edited by: newdriver

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stf143 said:
Watched the video and liked it. Only disappointment, we are in 2017 and still a 2012 model was reviewed. Before I started the video I expected to see a review of the new Up! 2016/2017 model.

That's fair, but if you look at the rest of the reviews on our channel, not a single one is for a new car. Our view is, it's not just new car buyers who want to see reviews of cars. People buy second hand cars too, so that's what we're currently doing. We'll be doing new cars in the future as and when we can get them.

Also should point out, as is the magic that is video, this was actually filmed back in the early summer, well before any of the 'new' Up's were available :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
tbh, like you said not all people but new/ latest cars, i quite agree with reviewing used cars aswell as new cars.
doing so gives the opportunity to explore what all other videos would not have picked up on. also with used cars is gives an idea of the general wear and tear and how a car will age which cannot be shown with new cars. this will give an idea of potential depreciation as well...

although it is always good to explore the newer models as well!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Totally agree with those points, but bare in mind we can't always spend enough time with the cars to get those things pinned down. Thankfully, the cars reviewed so far have been one's that one of the three of us has owned, or a close family member has owned. But in the future (when we run out of our own cars to review!) then we won't be able to spend as much time with them to find these things out. That said, we still like to do our research :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
That was a great review video - I wonder why I hadn't seen it yet as I did loads of research prior to buying, then realised it was only uploaded a few days ago.

I resonate with a lot of what was said including the bit about seat positioning (I am a tall person as well) but the lack of reach adjustment on the wheel meant it took me a good while after owning to find a properly comfortable seat position. I am also very specific about seat positioning!

Am I the only person though who pronounces it "volks svagen" as the Germans actually do? I know most people over here do just say "volks wagon" but as I watch too much Top Gear I've picked up Jeremy Clarkson's positively German pronunciation

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you want to be completely authentic it's pronounced folks-vagen. You pronounce the 'l' (Clarkson generally doesn't).

Of course nobody uses this pronunciation this side of the Channel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts