Up Owners Club banner

Auto Door Locking

9K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  up_up_andaway 
#1 ·
My dealer has now activated auto lockingon my 2012 High Up! after telling me it could not be done!
Its nice to have the feature back...

Thanks again to the Forum for great information that helped my dealer

It doesn't unlock the doors again when you take the key out like our Golf, however the locked doors open when you pull the inside handle anyway. If I need the boot, I just unlock it, so its no problem.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, just software. I expect it can be done with any car as long as I has central locking, but I'm not sure.

#8 ·
My dealer didn't charge for the work. I concidered it a good safety feature that just needed activating.
I have a Mk5 Golf, and you can set the fuction yourself via the dash computer, but the up does not have this menu system.

#14 ·
The locked doors open from inside even if they are locked from the inside. It's only when you lock the car from the outside that the deadlocks come into play.

#15 ·
Sorry for my english
Lol it has been done before...
I even setted up more mods then ONLY the locking from the doors....
In the Netherlands we have a sponsor on the vwupforum. Called Vagtechniek. They also do more then this.

Vag-com for Volkswagen Up!

possibility's with the Up!:
- curve lights (with the fog lights)
- parking light on/off
- Anti-carjacking on/off(doors lock at 15 km/u)
- how much benzin you are using every km/l
- Selective locking (only the driver side opens when you click your remote from the key)
- day lights on/off
- rear tail lights on with the day lights
- Teardrop wiping aan/uit
- Comfort lights (orange) on/off or how mucht times they will blink
- Coming home by touching the big lights (sorry i dont know the name!)

price: 20,- euro

#17 ·
Oh I learnt about this a bit too late. I've had auto-lock doors (UK Model) in January where I decided to privately get it done from a trustworthy garage near my place in blackheath. I didn't consider that the dealership would do it for FREE. Oh well, I win some I lose some. But before I took it to the garage I got my local locksmiths blackheath to have an inspection if there was in fact no way that I could just flip a switch and do it myself. After they professionally checked it out I went to my garage and told them what to do and yep it was just a sosftware thing - like a firmware update you get for your iphone. But good to know that it is available as this feature is a good anti-car jacking feature.Edited by: up_up_andaway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.