Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father purchased the UP on the 22nd December,2012 with Auto engine. Since he bought it, he has had to take it back to the garage 5 times! The troubles are mainly due being unable to get into gear at times and it has a gear box that at times is sluggish in top gear. He says he can be going up or down a hill at between 35 - 50 miles per hour and it will not change out of 3rd gear!Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sorry cant help you. No problems with my ASG however there is software update available that you should take advantage of. What gear would you want to be in at 30 to 50 mph going up or down hill? If you are not happy with the gear selected you can always over ride manually. Don't understand the comment that the gearbox is sluggish in top gear!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I think what my father means is that when the car is driving along at 40-50 mph, it feels like it is still in second gear. He said he can feel the car working against it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any chance you can be his passenger and video this, then upload it herebecause I don't really understand what you mean. Quite a few members on here own the ASG gear box and know a lot about it's behaviour, I think people just need a better explanation of the problem your father is experiencing. Please also make clear if the Manual gear changes help to retify the problem when it happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts