Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their car settings changed so that the doors lock when you pull away, and unlock again when you stop and remove the keys?
My dealer said that it can't be done, but I'm wondering if it's a dealer software update thing, like the second key programming thing.

Many thanks for any info... Alex.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I know what you mean Alex my Mitsubishi does it but I've had 3 VW and haven't heard of this on them before

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had two mk5 golfs, the 2007 is user programmable via the settings. The 2005 was only programmable via the dealership and their system.
I like the feature as its safer for my wife when she drives on her own.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I asked for this to be done but the dealer looked into it and says that it can't be done on the Up - another cost cutting measure on the car...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for confirming..

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It's surprising that it can't be done... I'll check into it once I get mine, butit's gonna be a few months away! :(

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
But there is the little button on the drivers door to lock the whole car while youre in it and an unlock one too... i know its not done automatically, but its pretty much the same thing and itll keep your wife safe

·
Registered
14 Posts
It can be done! I have had it programmed on mine, and it works without any problems.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We asked again for this feature today while the car was in the dealers, they returned with a fat NO! after them saying its not possible, we even explained it might now be available after a software update (like the 2nd key scenario) but they say not!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
As soon as I get mine, I will hook it up to the diagnostics and see if I can code it in like I did in my Touran and EOS!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SiJ2000 said:
As soon as I get mine, I will hook it up to the diagnostics and see if I can code it in like I did in my Touran and EOS!
Cool, I love insider info

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I will certainly look!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts