Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 4 month old Up! has developed a problem already. 5000 miles in, last night the Auto Start/Stop light started flashing with a warning bleep just when I arrived home (after a 45 mins rush hour journey, not activating it for at least 15 minutes before that). Swtich off the engine and started again, and the fault was still there. This morning tried it once more, same problem. So I booked my car in for a repair week after on Monday (they have no courtesy car until then). This afternoon (18 hours and about 30 miles after the error) I took the car out again and the fault was gone. Everything seemed to be back to normal and it does auto start/stop.

I'm still bringing it in the week after so they can check for fault code on the ECU. Has anyone else had similar experience?

Adrian

·
Registered
430 Posts
-eelis- said:
Are you sure all conditions met?

Safety belt on, temperature outside and engine, doors closed and so on...

-eelis-
The fact that the correct conditions were not met at a particular time would surely not throw up a fault light as described. My stop start dosnt always kick in due to conditions but there is no flashing or bleeping. I feel sure this fault will be recorded on ecu. It is also common for modern cars to experience random glitches that cause a temp fault that often never appears again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flashing Auto Start/Stop and bleeps indicates a fault according to the manual. If it is not available it's just the indicator with with line across staying on.

Just hoping that I won't be palmed off by the servicing guys when I go there next week.

·
Registered
430 Posts
twodoctors said:
Flashing Auto Start/Stop and bleeps indicates a fault according to the manual. If it is not available it's just the indicator with with line across staying on.

Just hoping that I won't be palmed off by the servicing guys when I go there next week.
Surely not, if a fault is triggered even as a one off a code will be stored and if it's your first fault it will also be the only one in there so no other random codes to confuse the issue like you often get with older vehicles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most likely answer I'll get from them is: "We couldn't find anything wrong with it. Good bye" or something along that line...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Probably Brake servo assembly. Mine was fixed under warranty just before I got it and was showing the same symptoms as yours

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well as expected, no fault found. Not even a fault code. There was error message with the flashing stop/start light and audible bleeps when the car starts. Somehow corrected itself and wiped the code in the process...

At least they said I can bring it straight in if it happens again so they can read the code straight away. Never mind.

Adrian

·
Registered
525 Posts
I never had an error code with mine. In fact it was hard to convince the technician at first that there was a fault. ('Are you sure it wasn't the temperature alert gong etc?'). To be fair though, they did eventually take it seriously and fixed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts