Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!I have a new high Up! and i see some usefull things that are missing...
The automatic function to raise up or down the front windows can be enabled change the comfort module and the windows switch? For example a comfort module froma VW Polo? Anyone has tried?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Probably the only one who is bothered that the windows don't have one touch control or comfort operation. On previous cars I hardly ever used it except to show off. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
540 Posts
I used to have it in my Alfa which was nice, especially when approaching a ticket barrier and you just clicked the button whilst waiting getting your ticket from wherever it was.

But I learned to cope without it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the same! when arrive to the ticket barrier my wife have always much problems... :)I hate only that my VW Lupo Highline have this function 10 years ago!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, this is something that annoys me on daily basis (I arrive to a ticket barrier thats in a curve several times a day... stupid parking house) + I am used to this function since many years.

Anyone cracked this "problem"?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It does make me wonder how much people check out the car they are willing to part hard cash with when they complain about things like this.

If it was a show stopper dont buy it, if not why complain?

·
Registered
180 Posts
scuba_2903 said:
It does make me wonder how much people check out the car they are willing to part hard cash with when they complain about things like this.

If it was a show stopper dont buy it, if not why complain?

It's not really a complaint, is it, nor has the person mentioned that it's a show stopper.

How likely, given that I think every car with electric windows I've been in has 1 touch up/down, is it that you'll try it or even notice in the showroom/test drive?

And yes it is a pita, especially at toll barriers, along with a lack of passenger button. No, it's not a deal breaker but there are a few things like this that smack of penny pinching and seem pointless annoyances.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You may be surprised to know that there are other cars with electric windows that are not one touch opening. Even more surprising to you will be to discover that some cars do not have electric windows. For the first time in over eighteen months of ownership I had to lower the passenger window. It didn't take much effort to lean across to open it. As far as penny pinching is concerned I would rather have my heated seats than one touch windows.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Its not even as if the windows go up and down at snails pace either, they zip up and down really fast! My lupo has one touch, but neither go up/down anywhere near as fast. Its just laziness at the end of the day, its not any great stretch to press and hold a button for a few seconds!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Beevee said:
You may be surprised to know that there are other cars with electric windows that are not one touch opening. Even more surprising to you will be to discover that some cars do not have electric windows. For the first time in over eighteen months of ownership I had to lower the passenger window. It didn't take much effort to lean across to open it. As far as penny pinching is concerned I would rather have my heated seats than one touch windows.

Can you name any of these other cars off of the top of your head?

I'm well aware that there are cars without electric windows - how do you think I used to operate the windows on my Exige or the VX220s that I owned?

Yes of course I would rather have heated seats than one touch windows, but they're hardly comparable cost wise, are they? My point is that it would cost very very little to do either for the benefits that they offer, and if cost was the problem then stick £30 on the RRP, I'm sure that would more than cover it.

We are allowed to criticise these cars on here, right?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You certainly can criticise if you want to if I can be allowed to hold a different opinion. Cars without one touch operation include Peugeot 107, Citroen C1 and Toyota Aygo all from the same stable

·
Registered
180 Posts
Of course. My point is more that it so easily doesn't have to be a problem, and just because it doesn't affect you/I doesn't mean it isn't a pain for plenty of people. Why include neat little features like auto-intermittent < 5mph wipers and auto-dimming binnacle lights and drop things like 1 touch windows?

Even the spanking new C1/Aygo/107 stable? What about the Picanto/Ka/Panda?

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
It does seem a bit mean to me to omit something like one-touch windows, its not like they have to re-invent it! Just add the software and away you go! It would give the Up!/Mii/Citygo one over the rest of them instead of following suit. Also seems odd when they've clearly designed a window motor to raise/lower the window quicker than any other electric window I've ever used! The other problem is that the switches fitted to the Up don't have the two positions on them for hold open/one touch.

At the end of the day, there are a few annoying things on most cars that should/could be changed at the design stage but haven't been, such asUK Lupos not getting a glovebox but LHD ones do!? Or one window switch per side on the Up!? No boot light!? Why is the aux-in on the Up radio and not separate lower down in the dash!?!? Why didn't they use a rotary knob to adjust the seat back on the Up instead of the stupid lever?!?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree, its not a deal breaker but i liked one touch windows in my polo and constantly used the comfort windows from the remote. Im missing it lol. Also the seat belt is a stretch because they removed the lever to tilt the seat forward in a 3dr that holds it on most other models. Its easy to miss things as you look in the showroom with a salesperson looming over you . When buying the up the salesperson said what features could i not do without. I said a/c and electric windows. Ok the ups ot them but the polo has little things like a left foot rest for when in 5th gear. Again not a deal breaker but surely cheaper ti fit than 5mph intermitant wipers?

Im not complaining ,ive had it a few days n love it. Its missing some things id like but has others id not had before.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dont know if this is correct but i read somewhere you need the comfort module fitted, one touch switches then turn the setting on in vcds and they will work one touch and off the remote.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found this on Ebay, and have installed - works a treat, plug & play, just goes in-between the switch and the cable harness. Voila!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Window-regulator-automatic-One-Touch-Comfort-VW-Up-Skoda-Citigo-Seat-mii-/161813493847?fits=Car+Make%3AVW|Model%3AUP&hash=item25acd5f857:g:eek:vMAAOxyni9TBg~k

·
Registered
314 Posts
My Motorhome Windows are annoying because when I let go of the switch they keep going to either open or close fully. So it's just a matter of what you get used to.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts