Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the car off with a coat of high definition wax. Is it worth putting a coat of extra gloss protection on as well, or is the wax supposed to be to top coat period?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I use wax as top coat. I have used that extra gloss stuff, but always before wax. It is good, if you don't mind the waiting time of an hour for it to cure properly. If like me, you're impatient, Auto Finesse is much better, and cures in 5 minutes :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I'm not to fussed about the hour as luckily I have a garage, so I just shut the door, go in and have a drink while I recover from the wax on phase.. Lol
How often do you re wax? Is twice a year enough?

·
Registered
430 Posts
You'll know when it's ready for waxing as water will stop beading on the paint and it will become harder to dry after washing. With good wax you can hose it down and the water will just roll off leaving the car virtually dry straight away. If you use harsh shampoo it will destroy the wash much quicker.

·
Registered
101 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
You can't use EGP over HD wax as it won't bond. EGP is a sealer and is meant to go under a wax. Usually, you'd go SRP > EGP > HD.

Yan start again the SRP as it will take the HD wax off.
Mental note made...

I've just SRP and applied 2 coats of EGP (with 5 hours curing time between coats) she looks awesome. Dont have any HD wax though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really like HD wax. I though £50 was a bit pricey but you hardly need to use any when applying and it lasts for a long time.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazon have the kit for £32 at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts