Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did'nt have the polish thing, and was wondering what autoglym to use, any help guys/girls???just leathered it today as very dusty, and found a minute 3 inch hair line scratch
how?why?who? Im sure the first of many

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mumski1. Sorry to hear about your scratch, could have been caused by somebody just touching it with a bag, or maybe a bit of grit in your cleaning cloth/leather or something I suppose.

I know at the moment I am being very wary about where I park mine in case there isn't enough room etc. Some people are careless and others have no respect for other people's hard earnedcostly items.

I hope someone on here can recommend something to polish it out with. I imagine Autoglym probably have a suitable product.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i know t-cut gets rid of scratches but its quite like abrassive, so not sure youd wana use it on such a new car.

maybe someone else can suggest something else. very annoying tho a scratch already. im soooo paranoid about taking mine to work, we have an awful car cark, think i might have to put up with the bird poo/tree sap by parking it under the trees to its less likely to get hit by other drivers as the first bit is alot easier to fix!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm going to use AutoGylm Super Resin Polish on my car, and then Autoglym extra gloss protection. (I put some extra protection on yesterday, and it leaves a tough coat! I had a small watermark on the paintwork from washing, and it is now under the protective layer and wont buff out easily!! lol
I need to polish that out and then use the protection again.

The extra gloss protection is easy to do. You wipe it on without pressure to leave a wet coat, then after an hour, just buff it off for a mirror finish. (Just make sure the bodywork is free of water marks etc....)

So for a small scratch, I think Super Resin Polish, then the Extra Gloss Protection. (Amazon had the best prices)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts