Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, And sorry if this is a stupid question :) Anyone know if there is automatic locking when you start driving? And it opens them too when you stop driving. It seems there is not, at least i didn't find a place where to enable it when checked briefly.

I had this thing enabled on my previous Jetta. I often carry my work laptop and other stuff so that's why i would prefer to have it on when stop on traffic lights etc. If anyone know a trick how to put it on please reply. It also might be that "feature" is there but there is no way on UI to enable it? And could possibly enable it by some workaround?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yes, the auto-lock can be enabled by your dealer, see search for more details.
Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It can be set up to autolock when you drive off. Personally I don't see the need for it when you can use the lock/unlock switch on the driver door. If its that important you would be unlikely to forget to lock the doors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vwild1 said:
I believe the auto-lock can be enabled by your dealer, see the following search results from the forum on that subject:

auto-lock
Ok thanks for info i thought this could be the case. Well i get it sorted out next time i get any other service.

Edited by: Kimble

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes Im going to request to my dealer as well that they activate it - if there is a charge for this i will post how much it cost.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had it done free of charge by my dealer

It only locks the doors so no one can get in, the doors can still be opened from the inside Edited by: spud

·
Registered
187 Posts
Im deffo going to ask my dealer to do it then it sounds a good feature and Ive never had a car before that does it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
spud said:

It only locks the doors so no one can get in, the doors can still be opened from the inside

Did your dealer freely do this or didthey moan a little saying 'ooo well it cant be done mr spud' because thats the reaction I'm expecting when I ask for them to do it, even though I'm aware or have proof from here it is possible lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
Itzben said:
spud said:

It only locks the doors so no one can get in, the doors cI had this feature donen still be opened from the inside

Did your dealer freely do this or didthey moan a little saying 'ooo well it cant be done mr spud' because thats the reaction I'm expecting when I ask for them to do it, even though I'm aware or have proof from here it is possible lol
No they did not moan but then again they were rreplacing the dash board that they scratched at the time, then when Ihad the 1click drivers door unlock thing done they did that tthe same time I got my new remote key that I had been waiting for over a year to get, so I guess they could not really moan about it

·
Registered
957 Posts
I used to have a Jaguar with self locking doors and when I stopped to pick people up they could not open the doors.
I didn't like it and had the feature disabled, you can lock your doors in the UP!(if you want to)with the switch on the drivers door.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Whilst I agree with you Derek about using the switch on the drivers door I assume if you activate auto locking you would be able to override it using the switch on the door. Could certainly do that with my BMW.

·
Registered
957 Posts
JJackson said:
Jaguar now an UP? Welcome to the normal folks club, derkie!! Slumming it with the rest of us (just kidding)
No problem JJackson it's the good humour that makes this forum even better.

You don't see that many Up's on the road at the moment so I like to think I'm part of an elite group.

You can't compare an UP! to a Jaguar and as my kids have now flown the nest the UP! suits me perfectly, I wouldn't change it for the Jag and it's high running costs.

I think my next car will be another UP! but I want to get around 100,000 miles out of this one and it should take me about 5 years.Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very good attitude Derkie, I would agree actually, you don't see enough little cars like the UP! about, my little girl climbs into it (shes four) and points upwards and says "daddy, are we going up?" i think she gets the idea!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Derkie54 said:
You don't see that many Up's on the road at the moment so I like to think I'm part of an elite group.

You obviously have not visited the Durham and Newcastle area then, we have loads of ups here :)

·
Registered
957 Posts
JJackson said:
Very good attitude Derkie, I would agree actually, you don't see enough little cars like the UP! about, my little girl climbs into it (shes four) and points upwards and says "daddy, are we going up?" i think she gets the idea!
When my son gets into my car(he's 31) JJackson he says is this UPyours.Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
957 Posts
spud said:
Derkie54 said:

You obviously have not visited the Durham and Newcastle area then, we have loads of ups here :)
In the last 3 months spud I've seen about 10

·
Registered
14 Posts
Itzben said:
spud said:

It only locks the doors so no one can get in, the doors can still be opened from the inside

Our dealer - Lookers Darlington - told us it could not be done. Either they haven't a clue or they were telling porkies. My money's on the former.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Certainly can be enabled, still don't see the need for it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Royleblue said:
Itzben said:
spud said:

Our dealer - Lookers Darlington - told us it could not be done. Either they haven't a clue or they were telling porkies. My money's on the former.
Lookers teesside did it for me, tell them that and see what tthey say

1 - 20 of 36 Posts