Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would be interested in opinions of the automatic HIGH UP ! I find the grear changes very jerky or is just me ?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Plenty of feeds on ASG on the forum if you do a search you will find them. Opinions vary but the ASG is not an automatic gearbox but automatic clutch and as such needs a refined driving technique. For example when driving a manual car you would normally lift off the accelerator when changing gear not keep it pressed to the floor.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I find it fine sometimes jerky sometimes can feel its going to be jerky (when being floored your guaranteed jerkiness) so I just loft off when the time appears

·
Registered
592 Posts
The ASG is the best automated manual I have owned/driven. Like previous posts have stated, you need to know how the adapt to it ie; Gentle on the throttle form rest and ease of slightly when you feel is the correct time to change.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I agree with you Andrew. However I have had one strange experience after turning a corner. The car was in second gear and for five hundred yards would not accelerate above 15 mph. I overcame the situation by going into manual mode. VW UK customer service suggested it could have been a software glitch and have noted it. Edited by: Beevee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts