Up Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I bought an automatic Up with sunroof in October. Love it. Has anyone else had a stone lodged in the wheel/brake and heard an awful scrapping which sounds like the car's falling apart, I call roadside assistance and the stone dislodged seconds later馃槨拢拢拢拢! I had just driven through a muddy pool in road.

Registered
Yes, a few times, but it's not an Up phenomenen, I've had it happen occasionally on other cars too.

Reactions: Rraine

Registered
The first time i washed the car last year i noticed the n/s disc had a thin grove all the way round as if a stone had lodged between the pad and disc. I never had a noise, so i guess the stone is not there any more if indeed it was that.

I mentioned this to the VW dealer when i had the car serviced last year, but they made no comment on this when i collected the car and i forgot to ask, as i was more interested in their comments on the Tepid seats.

I think i am correct in saying this will not be a problem when the car has its first MOT in Sept. this year. The brakes work perfectly, so surely that is all they will be interested in when they do the brake test?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts