Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I know there is one on the front of the standard headunit

Has anybody removed the headunit and if so is the a 3.5mm socket on the back of the unit? want to run an aux cable to the glovebox but dont fancy it going across the dash.

Thanks in advance for any info

James

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh rubbish, hate wires hanging down when driving but will have to make do i suppose on this one, i hear the headunit is a pain to remove anyway, now to find a decent 3.5 cable that doesnt look crap..

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi there if you are that bothered about the wire just sit in the car and have a good think we're you can put
it as I don like wires showing full stop.where there's a will there's a way. Regards phill.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi James. I didn't say I did feed a wire.but I have just been looking in the car now and from your aux to the glovebox there is fine lip leading to the glovebox you could get some double sided tape cut it as narrow as the lip attach the cable
and see if hides it.I am sure you can get different colours in the aux leads try maplin etc.hope this helps.phill..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was wondering if there was a way to patch a second aux input in and put it in the glovebox or lower cup holder, i will be asked the accessories fitment guy at work see if its something he would take on, Or relocate the one front the headunit and find something to fit the hole left.

i thought from your message you had cracked some great way of doing it, for the time being ive ordered a 0.3m aux cable so i dont have too much wire, Im currently using a 1.5m cable and its everywhere lol!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi James if that's not what you want to do.me personally would just Chang the whole set upp and purchase the latest
Products on the market ie pioneer etc there's loads of options you can do if you want to go down that road.hope you get
sorted phill.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if it wasnt for the maps and more integration i would go aftermarket.

factory system with the sound pack sounds nice though :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there!
I just had my Parrot Bluetooth connected to aux in on head unit.
I also have m&m, which I found not enjoyable to use, hence the parrot.
Fitter said that the aux in plug at the front cannot be turned on from the back.
I've now got a "lovely" plug running from aux in at the front of head unit, with about 2 inches of wire from aux plug going back in to the dash panel - the part where the glossy dash meets the mottled black dash under the stereo.
Didn't look great, but a means to an end.
Almost...
My music sound amazing now, but my phone was reading out texts (via app) and also sat nav through Bluetooth, which now do not play when on radio, and will only play on aux setting.
Calls work as normal on all settings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts