Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving Polos and Golfs for many years, moving on to bigger German cars over the last 10 years I finally decided enough is enough! Fed up with losing stupid amounts of money on cars in depreciation and fuel I ordered an Up! Not being the most patient person in the world where waiting for factory orders are concerned, my supplying dealer found an already built, awaiting shipment High Up! Happy with the standard spec except for those very hard to clean spoke alloys he found a 5 door in tornado red with classic alloys. It also had the sensor pack which, although not top of my priority list, it will be handy to have the rear parking sensors (!), cruise control and computer. I'm collecting it on the 8th March and am probably more excited about it's arrival than any of my cars since I collected my first brand new car, a tornado red Polo Genesis, 21 years ago on my 21st birthday. Sad eh? The Up! is our second car and will be used solely for my Mon-Fri 40 mile round trip to school. Will post some pics and keep anyone who is interested updated.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
me too...I shudder to think how much my hx of BMW, Mercedes etc etc has cost me....I adore my up and most of all, the frugality of it....I feel so smug when a big luxo-barge sails past me depreciating as it goes and burning fuel faster than it can be filled......you know it makes sense!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts