Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a Take up! week last Thursday and hoped may have arrived by 1st March.

Alas no, and website says still in transit even though had (apparently) cleared ready for shipping at the time of order.

They are still confident will arrive next week.. me, less so.

A second car .... and wifey will keep CRV for main journeys, trips and shopping.

Jolly excited.

·
Registered
592 Posts
1 week for a factory order ......don't think so! I assume this is a dealer allocated car that your dealer has ordered and was already "in transit" prior to your order. Normal delivery for an Up (and most VAG cars) is around 10/12 weeks.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I assume then that the spec was exactly as you wanted with no extras that you required?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Impatient just like me...well done.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's all a waiting game! I've been told that mine is in for a week 11 build - so second or third week in April I guess. Never mind...the sun might be shining by then!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yay! Update... ho ho UP Date.... sure the first to do that verbal bit of trickery.

So, website says In Transit still, but garage says on the boat.... with them 14th March, 1 or 2 days and I can pickup.

Getting mighty close.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Great stuff! Any day now! It will be good to get behind the wheel at long last.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi, web site for our up says "in transit " still ....but our dealer rang us on Wednesday and said it was now in England....at port...and they will get it in 7 days. Not long now for both of us. Can,t wait!
Go well.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Both our ups showed 'in transit' as we drove them home !

Dealer has much more accurate info, he can tell when released to transporter etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bad news.... website says not yet arrived in the UK.

The good news... its on my drive, and done first 100 miles. Bit different from our other car, but sprightly enough and honestly couldn't be happier given cost!

·
Registered
179 Posts
So if mine says 'in transit' just now, it could be sitting on my drive?! Hang on...I'm off to have a look!.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Dadog.......it probably WAS on your drive but someone liked it so much it was nicked....better report it stolen

·
Registered
179 Posts
No...it wasn't there...and I've got a security camera device on the wall and nobody nicked it. I shall just have to wait. **** isn't it?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lucky devil! That'll be a memorable Saturday. Hope the sun shines for you fabiantheup!

·
Registered
448 Posts
We collected ours on Monday and I am chuffed to bits with it.Down side is wife out in it now for the first time and I am Nervous
.Like waiting for your teenager to come

Enjoy Saturday.

Go well

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dadog, thanks, I hope it is sunny so the tornado red really pops! My other half has just told me it'll snow....

Although he'll be on the insurance, I'm not sure I'll let him drive it for fear of doing something!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts