Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put my Up! onto axle stands tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has done this before? I looked in the manual and it seems to suggest you use them very small pieces of metal that you jack the car up with, clearly this is not right so does anyone have any suggestion where to put the stands?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
At the front, use the pivot point of the wishbones, if that's makes sense.
And the rear, between the jacking point and the end of the chassis rails there's a solid point that's ideal for axel stands. If you look it will be obvious. Just don't use the chassis rail as it will crumple

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They need to be at the front, do you happen to have a picture of where you mean as im not 100% sure and of course dont want to put them in the wrong place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That seems a pretty good idea! the problem is I need to do it tomorrow so they wouldnt be here in time :/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, brilliant, ill give it a go! i assume you would just place the stand over it so more on that black sort of area around it?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Basically yea, I tend to have the head of the bolt in the centre of the stand, it sits perfectly on my stand that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just out of curiosity do you feel its easier to use axle stands at the back of the vehicle. Also would you have a picture to illustrate the rear location?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I haven't I'm afraid no, the front is absolutely fine though.
The back is more obvious. But if you need the front up then you'll have to use them at the front. It's really not a worry man. You'll see when you jack it up

·
Registered
107 Posts
DaveC, can I just check? I had to jack my car up this weekend and checked the area shown in your excellent clip. But I actually chose nut 2 to jack under as above it seems a connection to the body, whereas nut 1 is on an outlying part of the subframe and could potentially distort?

Loved the link to the trolley jack rubber - what an excellent idea!! Will order one when I have checked my sill lip dimensions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gary02 can I just ask if you bought the jack rubbers straight off the ad? Only, my measurements show the sill depth and width to be significantly larger than the slot size being offered.

Or did you order a special size?

Many thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts