Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HiI am currently considering buying a High UP! and was wondering if you folks that have already UP!ed and brought one could answer a couple of questions;
what you think to the 16" wheels like the Triangle, do they make the ride seem harsh or does the suppleness suspension iron that out?
Is the ASG as bad as the reviews would suggest?

Regards
Al

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI,

I haven't got an Up! so I don't know how much I can help but what I would say is that the bigger wheels themselves won't make much difference it all depends on the suspension. the triangle wheels come with the sport pack on the Up! which includes sports suspension so it will make it a little firmer then standard but it's not uncomfortable at all from my experience.

Interms of the ASG, personally I find it more fun going through the gears of a manual but I have heard allot of complaints about the ASG box so I would go with the manual.

·
Registered
727 Posts
alandkeill said:
what you think to the 16" wheels like the Triangle, do they make the ride seem harsh or does the suppleness suspension iron that out?
Larger wheels + smaller sidewalls = firmer ride

Doesn't matter how mushy you make the suspention you'll still feel the road surfaces more. I have 16's plus the added firmness of sport suspention but I wouldn't call it intolerable, if anything I'm thinking about going to 17's..! (I'm a glutton for punishment)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have the asg and havent had any real problems, I'd have another 1! As for the wheels I dont know but I did some tyre pricing when buying mine and the standard 15in tyres are quite a lot cheaper but that was last year so prices
may of changed thats why I didnt go for the 16inch classicsEdited by: Itzben

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I have 16 classics and spend the winter on 14 steels, steels are much more comfy on a bad road but on decent roads, not much in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts