Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Up! for just over a month and completed 1200 miles. Have started to increase revs and finding the car is smooth and responsive. The engine and gearbox is quiet, on tick over only know the engine is on by the rev counter, and kick down produces acceptable acceleration. True it is not as fast as my previous 1 series but averaging 55 miles per gallon and low road tax is a boon. I am happy with all aspects of the car and have no desire to carry out any modifications. One advantage of lifeshine appears to be that when it rains overnight the car is almost self cleaning.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Haha thats sounds brill and I completely agree with mine (only had a month) do you have asg?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Itzben said:
Haha thats sounds brill and I completely agree with mine (only had a month) do you have asg?

Yes I do have asg. I have had automatics for over ten years and would not go back to manual. I don't seem to have any of the niggles that get mentioned regarding rattles, gearbox noises etc. Do you? is it because we have asg?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
This is my second auto and I love it, I had know probs with rattles or noises, I just put it in drive and it just wants to go I am really pleased with it!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Haha I just thought on the way home, people are complaining there gear boxes are makinig noises etc and when they take them to the garage the technician says its there style of driving. Well us autos don't have a problem so maybe it is there style of driving the evidence is there!!

Ps before anyone has a go, I'm only joking!!Edited by: Itzben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts