Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fitted my front flaps and like them, but can't fit the backs due to finding it too difficult for me. The clips are horrible.
Now I can't decide if I want them or not. The dealer would charge me about 39 quid to fit them, but I expect they will not come off again without a fight.
Here are some photos, on and off. What's the general opinion? On or off?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ps, they are held on by luck in the photos.. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Alex what you finding difficult about the back flaps?
I had doubts when i bought my ones but then i thought bugger it i've bought therefore i'm fitting them?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are 3 u shaped clips. Two go onto the first trim fitting, and the last goes on the folded over rubber flap.
The clips just seem too strong. I have tried opening them up by hammering in a wedge shaped screwdriver, but they still seem to tight. The instructions show using a hammer to fit them, but the plastic trim just seems too fragile/bouncy to hit it too hard. I'm at a loss, as have no way of opening them any further.

I wondered if the dealer may have an application tool or something to open them up as they go on..?Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Itzben said:
Personally I'd put them on!
Thanks for your opinion. They are growing on me slowly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ian986 said:
I think they spoil the look of the car ! Apparently don't do much to help of keeping the rear of the car clean !

Absolutely agree. Bought fronts and rear before I got the car (also red by the way). Fitted both but didn't like the rear so removed after a while. My opinion is that they make no difference whatsoever to the filth coming up on to the rear screen.

The fronts though do seem to lessen the black "tar spatter" up the sides.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't the mud flaps help to lessen the spray thrown up by the back wheels, and thus help drivers in following vehicles see more clearly? Some vehicles throw up a lot of mess, especially on motorways, and I don't want to be one of them!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Rednaxela said:
There are 3 u shaped clips. Two go onto the first trim fitting, and the last goes on the folded over rubber flap.
The clips just seem too strong. I have tried opening them up by hammering in a wedge shaped screwdriver, but they still seem to tight. The instructions show using a hammer to fit them, but the plastic trim just seems too fragile/bouncy to hit it too hard. I'm at a loss, as have no way of opening them any further.

I wondered if the dealer may have an application tool or something to open them up as they go on..?
get some one to support bumper as you tap the clips with a hammer.
The bumper is strong then you think!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts