Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my new Up! Since September, very happy with it but .... Got in in this morning, shut the door and back screen exploded!!! £50 excess to put plastic on and wait four days for new screen. I also might have to pay for new wiper and logo if they can't get the glue off!!! Really?!?!?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is that at VW or a windscreen place? How can they expect you to pay for a new wiper because they are incompetent? Might be worth taking the badge off yourself, there's some advice on here I don't think it's too difficult. As for the wiper, sounds like they don't know what they're doing. My advice would be don't pay anything more and tell them this when it goes back in. Any parts required for a screen replacement should be covered by the insurance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would be telling VW it is a warranty case and they must sort it out. Since when is a back screen breaking when you close a car door acceptable ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
And this isn't the first time that happend. I think someone on the German Forum had the same thing happen to his Up. Closing the door and.... booom it crashed on its own.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I think a few people on here have had smashy windows from shuting doors and some case from nothing its just shatteredEdited by: Itzben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for responses. Currently away for the weekend so very invonvenient but will be visiting VW when I get home (Watford) and having a discussion. Four hour drive tomorrow with a "cling film" back screen but hey ho.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Be worthwhile for everyone to check that the glass is clearly sitting on an even cushion of sealant. Mines got a 4mm bead all round. I think this is due to the glass not evenly positioned on the bead which can lead to vibration and metal to glass contact which will cause the glass to stress Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very upsetting. Its a pity they designed so much glass at the back. I was told not to use my bicycle carrier that fits most hatch back doors. It's not a cycle friendly car but I'm hoping to put my bike inside when I travel alone. It was big disappointment that the basic UP has a front seat that does not fold completely flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts