Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tailgate on the Up! is glass. Is it also glass on the Citigo and Mii, or metal? We don't have them in Aus to compare with.I personally don't like the big piece of black glass there.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The Citigo and Mii have a metal tailgate.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
The up! has a triple skinned tailgate

Inner is metal
middlle is metal
outside is the glass

The mii and cicigo may only have a double skinned tailgate?

·
Super Moderator
1,496 Posts
gary02tdi said:
The up! has a triple skinned tailgate

Inner is metal
middlle is metal
outside is the glass

The mii and cicigo may only have a double skinned tailgate?

The up! has a once-piece glass outer skin, whereas the CitiGo and Mii, have an upper glass window, and lower metal outer skin. All three have the same middle/inner skins.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Unless someone can do a wind tunnel test, to see what happens at the back, I reckon we will have to put up with it.....and do what Davec86 suggests! ****...I hate cleaning cars!!!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
RainX the entire rear glass area (not just the see-through bit) , repeat then when it rains, all the crap just runs off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you for the tip! I Will try rainX. In the 80:s I had a fiesta with kind of wings on the sides on my tailgate. I remember it worked pretty good!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Privatedoc said:
RainX the entire rear glass area (not just the see-through bit) , repeat then when it rains, all the crap just runs off.
I can confirm this is worth while..

·
Registered
583 Posts
the swede said:
In the 80:s I had a fiesta with kind of wings on the sides on my tailgate. I remember it worked pretty good!
I doubt it'll work here - it's dust getting kicked up from the road by the (dirty) looks of it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is there nobody out there WHO remember the "wings" I am telling you about? They where effective! I will post a picture if I can find one. Cheers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can you see them on the sides of the tailgate on the golf?
Once I had a red Golf (not my Golfin the picture)with this kind of "Wings" or what ever they are called.
I also had them on a Fiat Uno. Theyworked good on the Fiat as well.I do not know if they work on an up!
If I could find a pair to buy I would certainly try them on the up!
Anyone who thinks it might keep thetailgate cleaner?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm surprised VW haven't spotted an opportunity and added something like these to their up! accessories list.

If they worked I think they would sell loads (and make a fortune).

·
Registered
532 Posts
You could cover the screen with cling-film and remove it when you stop. problem is recovering it after the car wash.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts