Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No 3rd time lucky.

My car seems to behave when at vw. Crunches daily in reverse. They have tried their car as well and said its fine. Haha. It will go back as soon as it happens again.letter to head office on its way. Even though its a budget car for this price I dont expect to have to have crunching dailt. At least they had a polo this time for me to try. A 1.4 sel, took a while to get comfortable but I did prefer it. Although I do like the sound of yhe blueGT

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried all of the tricks. My car just decides to be good on the day it goes in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine always struggles to get into reverse when its on my drive (uphill). I have to wiggle it a bit into first and back into reverse.

It's normally OK on the flat.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
DLEITCH said:
Mine always struggles to get into reverse when its on my drive (uphill). I have to wiggle it a bit into first and back into reverse.

Funny you should say that. I have had 4 or 5 occasions when I took a few minutes to get into reverse. Each time it was on my drive which slopes downwards quite steeply, with the nose of the car lower than the tail end.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Leif said:
DLEITCH said:

Funny you should say that.  I have had 4 or 5 occasions when I took a few minutes to get into reverse. Each time it was on my drive which slopes downwards quite steeply, with the nose of the car lower than the tail end.
Have you tried reversing onto the drive, that way you can put it in 1st to go up hill

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha very funny. I have tried all the things above and no difference. Starting to hate the car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If it doesn't go in first time, try putting back into neutral releasing clutch and then trying again. I have no trouble with mine but you MUST be stationary.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do. Im taking some of this as an insult. I have driven so many cars I do know.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Do you leave it in gear when parked? Could the handbrake be slipping causing the gears to be at their resting limit resulting in hard to achieve gear selection

If you follow my meaning

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is not in gear when parked at n8ght. Very seldom in gear once 8n a blue moon on a steep slope

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass or anything but.. vwwhere i work say you should wait 3 seconds before putting in reverse from 1st gear as the reverse gear is not a syncro gear ... from 1st straight to reverse you are not allowing the gears to stop meshing..
I WAS REALLY worried about mine doing the same thing but it was peace of mind nothings wrong?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts