Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on the annual calendar, but I thought I would give it a special mention as it appears to be such good value

Got a flyer whilst at Action. Back2Basics VeeDub Show is at Birdingbury Showground in Warwickshire, post code CV23 8EH.

Weekend adult price is only £20
Day visitors are only a fiver
Kids and dogs go free!

The show has been going for four years! Has anyone been and can comment?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Me and me lad are going to have a look tomorrow....anyone else going ?
Nigel

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only 32 miles from me. Might give it a go. Had a long day today though (dropping off at uni) so see how I feel when I wake up.

Be great to see some pics if we don't manage to make it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well we made the trip and weren't disappointed....really well organised and great examples of lovingly restored vw campers, cars and even reconstructed german ww2 military vehicles. The entertainment was a duet called Acoustica who were brilliant too....I'll post some pics when me lad has shown me how to.
Got a few admiring glances at my Up too

Great day out.....well done Back2Basics

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the review Nigel. Will look forward to seeing the pics

·
Registered
48 Posts

Here's a few pics from today's Back2Basics event...excellent....perhaps there will be a
'pimped up' Up! at one of these events some day !!

Enjoy

Nigel

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm especially liking the beetle

·
Registered
48 Posts
Me too....it was good chatting to the owners too....so much dedication....and money

There were one or two for sale too....one guy told me he bought a scrap campervan for £50 and spent over £10k on doing it up.....it on best in show today(the light blue campervan)

Simply brilliant

Cheers

Nigel

·
Registered
215 Posts
we went on saturday in the up! but parked in the car park :(it was a good little show , lots of things to mooch around and look at cars were good.
will post my pics up! later lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
Pictures of NAZI memorabilia are offensive to some of us. I don't think you could drive around Germany showing an emblem like that. so why should anyone be allowed to drive around this country?

Sorry but that is how I feel about it. I have lots of German friends who would be horrified to see that picture.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We will definitely make an effort next year and make sure that uni moving is another time.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mmmmm now that beetle is just lovely. Loving the curved roof rack

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same here unfortunately

But it could sit on my drive looking lovely

1 - 16 of 16 Posts