Up Owners Club banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't doubt these figures, that's why I've ordered one.
I used to own a Renault Scenic with a mpg display and it would have been possible to photograph a figure of 99mpg. Obviously the car was nowhere near this economical.

The figure was regularly achieved when I filled up at my local garage on top of the hill then drove the mile or so down hill to town. The figure soon dropped when I needed the accelerator!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've only used two tanks of fuel. All for town driving. Never over 40mph. Average is 51mpg. Reasonably pleased so far. I'm registering my fuel use on www.fuelly.com too. The site has no record of Volkswagen up but administrator said they would add them soon

·
Registered
14 Posts
ianp said:
ive seen 70+ being mega economical, but it doesn,t last long !!. Seem to be averages 35 litres for 415-20 miles. The tank gauge seems to work in a funny way. It doesn,t move for ages and ages then starts to drop like a rev counter !!!!!!! loving the car though.
I have had that tank gauge behaviour on my last car. I found it more helpful to reset the tripometer every time I filled up. Since I got the about the same mileage from each tankful (I normally do the same sort of journeys over the course of a tankful) the tripometer can then give you an accurate gauge of what petrol you have left

41 - 43 of 43 Posts